Options?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Tmease, Jan 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tmease

Tmease New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Pine Grove
    Evening All-

What are my options for a 2006 to trim this tail light situation down?

77905A24-C603-4D58-9BE0-78351433A3EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tmease
    What's the model and do you already have a tail tidy on there. But it looks small enough to me. See it also needs a hugger on there to save the shock a bit. But then you don't get our weather.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tmease

Tmease New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Pine Grove
    Hey Joe. It’s a 2006. I know a bunch of you aren’t fans of the exhaust... but it’s what I went with. Here’s what I’m working with.

32031230-CF61-47CB-AEC4-D249C1D045D9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Timease
    Well I can be your first fan. Bet they sound awesome and for one love them. I got arrows on my 675 but other than weight they are not much better than oem just slightly and when I take the baffles out it rattles my teeth and is offensive to every one. And it's your steed you do what pleases you. I am not to sure what you want to achieve with your taillight. It looks like you have an led light there as is. Now if is you want something smaller like a round light then you would have to plate the hole up and fit to the plate. Not sure how you work over there but here if it doesn't have a red reflector on the rear it's an mot failure. If it your number plate holder I don't know how you could go much smaller than it is and stay legal. Bet you are under borderline as it is. I quite like it and the only thing I think I would change is the indicator lenses for the darker version which I imagine you will find on ebay. Sorry if this is not helping.
    Regards
    Joe.

5. Tmease

Tmease New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Pine Grove
    All good, Joe. I love talkin about my kids.

What I’m trying to achieve is cleaning up the lines. The mufflers are running parallel to where the plastic is going to be. Current taillight situation looks like a big ole box in my tail, in my opinion.

Sadly I haven’t started it yet, still gathering pieces and parts, paining, powdercoating, etc

6AF9D806-AA18-41F5-9D6D-DEAA9FFDECE5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tmease

Tmease New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Pine Grove
    And dont sweat me on the y pipe... the only one I could eBay for a fair price was painted black. I’m going to try and get it back to the original patina.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tmease
    I think the taillight is fine and original. Like I say if it doesn't please look at you tube probably best bet were riders have put a plate on there and put one or two small round lights. But sorry I quite like it and when you get the plastics on there it will hide it even more. Sorry this is the best I can do and as I said I genuinely like the pipes they look Norton or Triumph Campbells peashooter type as fitted to many Older Bonnies.
    Regards
    Joe