Optimate 3 Cable Routing. Speed Triple Rs 2018

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by sgm, Sep 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sgm

sgm New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    apologies if this is covered on a previous post. (i have looked but found nothing) has anybody hooked up the optimate 3 to there speed triple RS. i would like to know how they routed the cable from battery. went out to mine today. and battery"s dead. took front tank/battery cover off and hooked up said cable. would like to leave on permanent. tucked away tidy. just add that steering lock was on and couldn't get bars straight and on paddock stand to get a good look at it lol
    pictures of said cable tidied up would be great
    thanks if you could help

2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Hi sgm,
    I have a 15 plate Speedy and I routed the cable from the battery then behind the right hand side of the frame and the socket is cable tied to the cable beside the rad cowl, bit of a fiddle but do-able and quite a tidy finish, hope that is of some help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sgm

sgm New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Dave C.cheers for reply. will get a better look at it tomorrow

4. Bryan3R

Bryan3R Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southend, Essex, England
    Did my 2012 R same way but on left side, no need for tie wrap just put the rubber cap round one of the cables and onto the connector.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #5 Rich Bryce, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Choose which side of the bike you want it sticking out from, then thread through frame and hook to battery via the easiest route to there. You can use a cable tie if you ant to secure the protruding end to the frame for peace of mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I’ve got my 2011 set up just peeking out under the black battery cover at the front,it sits out just enough to plug in then just jam it between cover and frame at headstock.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    Here’s how I’ve done mine

1C8DAB0C-0ED5-4259-A571-AA15D2C0EA08.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. sgm

sgm New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    cheers for info peeps much appreciated. sure i will get there lol. on till it fully charges then will look at tidying up cable location. cheers again

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    I wired my Speed RS from the battery back on the left side to under the seat and now just remove the pillion seat when I want to plug in the battery tender/optimate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I poked my cable down the gap between the left side of the battery and frame. It required a significant amount of patience while fishing it out with a wire coat hanger (and a pair of forceps), but it eventually popped out behind the side cowl - completely hidden from view.

The rubber connector and cap is exactly the same size as the plastic mounting on the cowl, so it lodges in and stays put...and is easily recovered when it needs to be charged.

Hard to explain, so hopefully this helps (viewed from above):

IMG_7270.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    I have routed my battery tender lead under the left handlebar & used thin black cable ties to secure it,,very neat & unnoticeable,,

• Like Like x 1