Oops... Time For Repair...

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Arno triple, May 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Ok, now that I’m home after a f*cking long day, time to update my digital mates...: today I was out with colleagues on a road trip, all was well, until I had a “freeze” moment in a bend. This was followed by a short ride through the grass, and a lot of screechy noises from my beloved speedy on the asphalt (tarmac?). She ended with a double head-roll in the grass on her left side. I stayed on the road, luckily without any on-coming traffic. After a couple of hours, she was transported to a depot. From there, next Tuesday transport to my dealer. We’ll see from there. Let’s hope she can fixed up, or otherwise be declared total. So I can order a new one... keep you posted.

Greets from a cranked dutchie with a dent in his ego.

A10ABCA2-EC9A-45B1-9B75-8B835914A88C.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Glad you are ok, and the bikes fixable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    As above, you are still here to moan about it! Best wishes,go grab a beer or two!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    As they say - an off you can walk away from is just a lesson learnt. Take care...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Thanks all, I’ll just wait and see. You’re right though. I’m glad I walked away and can moan about it. A couple of beers will get me to sleep for sure. About seals, thnx for the tip. I’ll be sure to speak to my dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Glad you’re ok mate :)
    As already said bike can be fixed or changed for another one :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Good to hear your ok and that’s the main thing :)

The bike,,,, well it can be repaired or replaced irrespective of how annoying that can be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Taff

Taff Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Cymru
    There but for the will of your favourite god goes any one of us. Glad you’re ok.
    From the photos the damage doesn’t look so bad but the devils in the detail.
    If there is anything any of us might learn from your experience I for one would be grateful to hear it.
    Taff

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Glad you’re OK, bikes can be fixed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Glad you’re OK, bikes can be fixed!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi taff,
    We’ll just have to wait and see, I know engine covers need replacement, and total respray because of barbwire damage all over the bike. Furthermore: steer block thing on frame (maximum steering to the right has come off) arrow exhausts, steer, tank, rear break pedal, front break reservoir, windscreen, front indicators, new tires,( maybe rims as well), headlight unit, engine sliders, brake and clutch lever (maybe pump(s) as well), heated grips. Additionally: tank bag from givi, TomTom rider 550 (broken of, couldn’t find it), GoPro hero 5 session cam also lost. Clothing: helmet, complete protection suit and gloves.

Overall quite a long list... it might be total, if repair exceeds 2/3 of the retail value from just before the accident, my insurance will declare it lost. I just have to wait and see. Anyone any idea of delivery time for parts and/or new bike?

Will keep you posted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Arno Triple.
    Well the peeps have said it. At least yo are still here to talk about it. I would think if the steering lock has come of it a total. Not many shops like to start fixing the head stock area's. To much involved and very costly if not done correctly.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    Ahh crap mate but at least you walked away intact, by the sounds of it there’s a fair bit of damage and probably the best outcome would be a total loss decision from your insurance. Did you have gap insurance?

I managed to get a new bike in one week when they replaced my speed last month but that was because I had a Euro trip booked and really pushed. The dealers were great though.

Good luck and hopefully you’ll get a good outcome and won’t be too much out of pocket.

Andy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Insurance covers full replacement the first three years, so if it’s total, shouldend need to reach too deep into my pocket.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bret Morey

Bret Morey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    First, really glad you walked away safe.

Second, top priority should be on locating the go-pro. Then you can share the scary footage with the rest of the world.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Don't go pro have a lanyard to attach to bike - or was it a lid mount system?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    IT was mounted in a GoPro Clip, and attached with an emergency cord. However, when your bike lands on it, it comes off...... apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Should be a gone pro, I know it's not funny - just glad that you are ok. If you do get a chance - I would certainly try again to find it. Take care

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Agree with what's been said already with regards to you walking away and bike being replaceable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    It is a bit funny... to be honest. Finding it will be difficult, since the farmer was working with hay stacking machine.

Come to think of it... he should have packed my bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1