Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured Ooh I'm Going On Holiday

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by half ton, Aug 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Well this is a first for me,My boss at work told me I have to take some holiday before December 31st or I will lose it,So I'm splashing out and have taken Tues/Weds/Thurs off next week,And I'm going to ride up the East Coast ... I have never been to anywhere on the Lincolnshire and Yorkshire coastline so a gentle bimble up to Whitby on Tuesday then a bit of exploring and home on Thursday........Just me my little tent and a change of skivvies should be enough.....I can't bloody wait,:relieved:

• Like Like x 14
  2. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Crème de la Crème

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    Nice around Whitby. Dales are nice, Horcum Hole, steam train out of Pickering, Robin Hood's Bay is lovely. Have a great ride dude :):cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf GRRRRRR
    Subscriber

Mar 30, 2017
    Washington Tyne & Wear
    Good stuff mate :grinning:
    Biking + camping = freedom :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Senior Member
    Subscriber

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    If you go to Robin Hoods Bay - take a stannah stairlift. The road - if you walk it - is knackering. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Can’t you take a Monday or Friday and run the time off into a weekend before or after? Hope the weathers good for you, that coastline can be a lot of fun.

6. stollydriver

stollydriver Senior Member
    Subscriber

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    My favourite ride is Nortumbria coastal path. Bamborough Alnwick Berwick etc - superb rides and the people are superb.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Not Well Known Member
    Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Lucky bugger! Enjoy the trip and make sure you go on the ‘stokesley’ road from Helmsley!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Nah not at the moment mate,I work in a Residential home and they prefer me to be about on Mondays and Fridays if possible ..... apart from that I am what you could call living on a tight budget...Been moonlighting on the old tree work with my son for a couple of evenings and a Saturday so now have enough for fuel and food and a couple of beers.....That'll do for me:party:;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Enjoy your ride buddy and have a wonderful time ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    Have a good one steve, I briefly ventured into that area and was really impressed with the scenery and roads

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. andypandy

andypandy First Class Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    You'll be able to get a really nice portion of chish & fips in Whitby and a good pint. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Eastbournemark

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    On a recent run to Lincolnshire and the Yorkshire coast I really enjoyed the roads in north Lincolnshire around Caister, gentle hills and bends and I found the roads quiet. A trip to Hull for its free museum quarter is highly recommended. Great old town area and plenty of places to enjoy a drink! Flamborough head and its bays are spectacular walking spots and if you are into your birds its a must do. O, there is a great pie pub at Hunmanby called the Piebald inn. Enjoy your trip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Enjoy it mate - I'm jealous! Good fish n chips in Whitby. (well most places in Yorkshire to be fair). :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Are you there yet dad?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Agree, but avoid the Magpie for Fish and Chips, it’s over rated and over priced, there are plenty of others. White Horse and Griffin do proper beer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. andypandy

andypandy First Class Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Agree about the Magpie, find the scabbiest looking chippy and try that. A bit like finding the best beer in the scabbiest looking pubs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Well that was a non event:poop:.....I arnt ah goin away now:tired_face:,I have thought about it a lot and think I will save the money, Then I can do the 60th Anniversary Bonneville Bash with my Son and Brother in a couple of weeks time.I still hope to get up to Yorkshire in the Autumn when it may be a bit quieter and I have saved a bit up again:blush:

• Like Like x 1