Ok, Totally None Bike - Calligraphy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DCS222, Nov 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Got a mates wedding coming up soon and I’ve written a couple of poems for him which he’s using in the order of service. I’d like to get them printed out and made into wall art pieces for him...
    Has anyone got experience of having this done... any nationwide recommendations???
    I did look at one service on line for hand written calligraphy... £150 and £250 for each poem respectively... I’m sure I couldn’t get better quality, but there’s no way on this planet I can afford that... suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Practice :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

:imp::imp::imp:

E367A066-2321-4CE7-88A0-F9FEAC13C559.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
  4. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    Sorry I can't help with your request, but if you do get sorted you should see about it getting printed on vellum paper.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi mate, have you thought of using a different font on your pooter and then printing them out?

I've attached a sheet with a few examples:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #8 Adie P, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Ron is kind of right about this. I do have some experience of producing calligraphic print - though not in any professional or qualified sense.

If you pm me your address I'd gladly write something out on A4 and post it to you - it may take a time to find one of my old calligraphy pens - and you can decide whether or not my amateur (and amateurish) ouptut is worth the effort for you (it's kind of a pleasure for me) and your friend.

@thebiglad is right to suggest that a computer produced script will be perfect .... but a handwritten one, with all its imperfections, will have much more 'character' - pun very much intended!

BTW. Any calligraphy work from me is free - that's not meant to sound like an incentive or attraction. Just a fact as I can't guarantee that it will be worth what you pay for it, even when it's free!

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    HAH HAH HAH!! Thanks Ron. You've seen the scrawl I use as handwriting on a day-to-day basis so I'll take your words as a HUGE compliment and say "thank you very much!" I'd like to think I can produce something neat and tidy BUT it's not the best that can be done; it's a hell of a long way from professional, and I wouldn't even contemplate for a nanosecond that it's actuually "good". But I'd settle for it's OK and acceptable as it's written with feeling!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    i had a quotation done that I adhere to the wall . I got it on ebay basically you send the words and tell them the font you want and they send it out. it worked well

20191120_103009.jpg

• Like Like x 2