Oil Pressure Switch Rubber Boot On 2009 T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by VTDave, Dec 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. VTDave

VTDave New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    Shelburne, VT
    Planning on replacing deteriorated oil pressure switch boot on my 2009 T100. Regardless of where I get the boot (and I know there's some good ones and bad ones out there), I probably need to unscrew what looks to be a phillips head screw at the rear end of the switch to free the wire (terminates in a ring on the switch) so I can feed it through the hole in the boot. Not a lot of room there for any sort of screw driver. Suggestions about how to best free that wire? Another option is disconnect the switch end and feed it through that way, but that might be a much tighter fit. Or, I could cut the wire a few inches out, feed it through, then resplice and cover with shrink wrap. Ideas? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I'm in the same boat as you VTDave, I really need to get a good quality replacement, the original is wafer thin and simply not upto the job.
    It literally fell apart.
    I haven't even thought about the fitment yet, if you obtain a good quality one perhaps you'd advise where you got it from?

• Like Like x 1
  3. VTDave

VTDave New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    Shelburne, VT
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
  5. VTDave

VTDave New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    Shelburne, VT
    Hi Curly,
    Just got the replacement boot from The Bonneville Shop today. It's definitely more robust than the original. I was able to carefully slide the ring wire connector (that attaches to the oil pressure switch) into the opening on the new boot, so no wire cutting. The Bonneville Shop boot appears to be a little longer than the original but I found if I slid it as far forward as possible, it looked pretty much fit as the other one did. I think it's good to go, at least for my lifetime.

• Like Like x 3
  6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Many thanks for that update VTDave,
    I did locate a UK supplier when we originally discussed this subject, so I know that I can get hold of one easily enough.
    I will do just that now and then get on with replacement, at least I will when the bike comes out of winter hibernation.
    Thanks again for your prompt and very helpful sharing of information, it's this kind of stuff that makes this forum such a worthwhile place to be a part of
    Best regards
    Curly