Oil Level Check

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by chuk, Apr 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    ive never been that keen on having to check oil level on dipstick (start and run 3 mins wait 5 mins in handbook) most bikes I've had use sightglass,i assume there is no such thing as a casing with sightglass that fits on triple or no way to convert original casing.

2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Not that I am aware of...you could make your own if you are brave enough :)

One thing I would say is when checking the level on the Speed Triple, screw in the dipstick all the way to get the correct level.
    Last time my Triumph dealer did a service they overfilled mine at the service (to keep the warranty - I usually do my own service) as they measured it to the stick resting on the port. I had to remove over half a pint to get it to the correct level - I did mention it to them afterwards

3. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    ive been screwing in dip stick all the way as that's in handbook,be interesting to see if anyone has done sightglass conversion though.

4. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    unlikely. it's major work for such a minor inconvenience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Agreed, and sight windows also introduces a new risk factor, they can leak or even break. These days there are scrotes about that would find it amusing to stick a screwdriver through it.