Speedmaster Oil Cooler On 2006 Speedmaster - Obsolete

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by uxonian, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    Hi new to the forum so hi first of all.
    My oil cooler has a leak and have found that this important component is obsolete, does anyone know of an alternative or where to obtain a pattern part?

2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    #2 Scoot65, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Hiya welcome to the forums. Pop into the newbie section to say hello officially.
    You could take. look under the Spedmaster / America section of this site.... >>http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph-motorcycle-parts.html

Edit: I've just had a look here and the oil cooler is 'not available' .....http://www.worldoftriumph.com/trium...lock_01=&block_02=100066215-0-2&block_03=9654

Might be worth you contacting the site, if you've not done so already, and make enquiries.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    Thanks, done both. The cooler for this model, according to Triumph, is obsolete and no longer available. The worrying thing is that the bike is only 10and a half years old and parts are becoming obsolete.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Vehicle radiator repair services should be able to repair it
    It's the same thing except for oil instead of water
    The repair process is the same

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    #5 Scoot65, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    That is worrying!! ......especially as I'm running a 2005 Speedmaster:(

I wonder if Triumph could tell you if another model cooler could be used on the Speedmaster?

• Like Like x 1
  6. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    The local dealer says not but I think I might get in touch with Triumph myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    #7 Scoot65, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    So are just supposed to try to get a second hand one and hope for the best?

I wonder why the coolers have ceased production. There'll be plenty of these bikes on the roads which will require a steady stream of spares....

I've had a quick look on that online auction site and some US sellers are listing Speedmaster oil coolers as "TRIUMPH SPEEDMASTER 900 / KTM ENGINE OIL COOLER 43163 (02-07)"

and....

"01-14 Triumph Speedmaster / T100 06-14 SE Scrambler Thruxton OIL COOLER RADIATOR"

so, maybe other models' oil coolers are compatible........ unless they've all been stopped being made new????

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Are the oil coolers different on the various Bonneville models and if so are they all obsolete then?

9. PieMan

PieMan Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Dorset, England
    They're still available for the EFI models, I expect if you contact a Triumph dealer they'll say that the earlier air cooled version has been superseded by the EFI version. (Which is much cheaper)

10. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    [QUOTE="PieMan, post: 113039, member: They're still available for the EFI models, I expect if you contact a Triumph dealer they'll say that the earlier air cooled version has been superseded by the EFI version. (Which is much cheaper)[/QUOTE]
    My local dealer said that if this was compatatible they would list the part number as such.

11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Yeah sure !!!:rolleyes:

Take a picture and post it up with some dimensions, I'll compare it to mine 2013 America and see if different !!! Where feeds located and any other info, Sure others will also compare and let you know if they match or totally different.

• Like Like x 3
  12. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    Response from Triumph

'Thank you for your email. Unfortunately Triumph are unable to continuously supply parts for aged models and after stock is depleted, parts will become obsolete and no longer supported by the factory. This is the case with the oil cooler.

We can only recommend that you either source a second hand replacement, seek repairing your existing cooler or look for an aftermarket alternative. Sorry we are able to help further on this occasion.

Kind Regards
    Triumph GB'
    Disappointing as the part is available in the USA.

13. uxonian

uxonian New Member

May 2, 2017
    Staffordshire
    Would do but have now sent it to be rebuilt/copied. Thanks for the offer though.

14. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Oh, that's a bummer!

Thought they might have said the EFI model Speedmasters' coolers would fit or suggest another model Triumph cooler that would fit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PieMan

PieMan Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Dorset, England
    That's surprising, there must be unseen differences between the carb and EFI oil coolers.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I have an oil cooler on my speedmaster
    Nothing wrong with it but it's nice to know it's gone up in value
    Every cloud eh?

17. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
  18. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Just stumbled on this while looking for something else. Does not list for America / Speedmaster but as may be adaptable....

http://www.pjglassfibre.com/ViewItemvi.php?ItemID=Alloy-Oil-Cooler-483

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    • Useful Useful x 2