Oil Change - Speed Triple Rs 2020

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Stewcos, Apr 6, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stewcos

Stewcos Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Surrey
    Hi all, about to complete an oil change over the weekend.

I have had a look through previous threads on multiple sites and the information is varied.

Can I confirm if the bike should be on the side stand or upright attached to an Abba stand as such to drain the oil?

I have seen the new procedure with filter to be fitted after filling with oil however no confirmation of side stand or upright.

some add oil to filter before applying others don’t.

I used to just put the street on the paddock stand and crack on.

The new procedure certainly seems to be causing some confusion to a simple oil change ha ha.

After reading some other stories, I want to confirm I get it right. I don’t fancy low oil pressure this weekend.

have a good weekend everyone :)

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Hi,
    As the drain plug is on the left side of the sump, you should drain on the sidestand. I can't see it will make any difference when filling but you should fill before fitting a new filter. Have fun

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Don't know about any procedure specific to your bike but I submit that filling a new filter before fitting is good practise on any engine. Even in situations where the filter mounts lying on it's side or face down, some oil will always be retained by the filter medium and/or drain back valve if it has one.

• Like Like x 1