Oh Come On Summer

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Serle, Feb 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    Please hurry up.....
    Yes, I am a fine weather rider and proud, but this Winter has seemed longer than most ......

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I'm generally a fine weather rider, but I just can't wait that long! A nice DRY winter day ride is very enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    My Chalfonts must be more temperate sensitive than yours :cold_sweat:

4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Possibly, I do live in St Giles!

5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I have been commuting on my bike all through winter so far, and this is positively warm compared to last month
    From High Wycombe, so same neck of the woods as the Chalfonts

• Like Like x 1
  6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I could not agree more, to be honest we have gotten away with things quite canny compared to some, BUT BLOODY LONG WINTER AS YOU SAY

7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Wait until next week.....!

8. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I don't commute on a bike any more nowadays, would have a different opinion if I was leaving the house at 6:40am on my bike. The gear is so good now, and I just can't wait until the weather is warm, I'd go stir crazy. Nice dry clear day, out on the bike, steaming cup of tea, lovely.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Took the guzzi for it's mot two weeks ago, wet roads and facing the sun,very cold......looking out for black ice instead hit a patch of snow in the middle of the road...:poop::poop::poop: don't know how I stayed on ( should've gone to spec-savers)
    Went out on the Street Twin yesterday,had a very enjoyable 50 mile run with the sun at behind me,nice 'n warm........no pictures because I was enjoying the ride so much I never stopped until I got home :sun::):sun::)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    I'm losing patience with this weather now. Twice on my way home from work today I ended up facing the wrong way after big slides on my commuter scooter.

I kept upright and no damage was done, but tomorrow I will be leaving home on foot at 04.00am for my two mile trip to work cos the roads here are f*#€ing lethal and will not have been treated when I leave for work.

It looks nice though⛄️

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Only 19 more days till the first day of Spring, then you can get on yer bike and enjoy the crocus' and daffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Ha! At first I wrote today's the first day of Spring so get on yer bike etc, then I Googled and got the 20th. Shudda stuck to my instincts ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    btw, put the forum summer picnic in yer diary - 19th July round your neck of the woods in Brecon Beacons.

14. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    Still plenty of snow laying around here so the bike is staying in until after we've had some rain to wash all the salt and crap off the roads. Definitely suffering withdrawal symptoms though as the last decent ride I had on the bike was last August!

15. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Buy a new car then o_O

• Funny Funny x 1