O2 Sensors And Fuelling

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Roddster, Apr 27, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roddster

Roddster New Member
    Subscriber

Dec 2, 2022
    England
    I am in the process of upgrading the Bonneville se EFI , I have removed AIS and deleted in Tuneecu .

I want to remove the airbox baffle and fit a pair of aftermarket silencers , Wassell Tulips to be exact.

I will remap to the Triumph Tors map .

I am leaving the O2 sensors in as I believe it will adjust the AFR to compensate for the mods .

Am I correct in this ?

2. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    You may find once you've done what you intend to do it will run weaker than it already is.

This is what I've done to my 2011 SE:

Removed SAI including the Air pump and blocked the hole in the airbox using a bung out of a plastic chair. Removed the 02 sensors. Taken the baffle out of the Airbox and fitted a Triumph Twin Power Breath kit with the DNA air filter. Installed a pair of Norman Hyde Togas (no baffles) then lastly got the Tune 3 from Triumph Twin Power. It is now the bike that should have come from the factory.

Some info for you here: https://www.triumphtwinpower.com/

As far as I'm aware the 02 sensors are only working on the 6% throttle area and do very little - the fuelling is being taken care of by the fuel map in the ECU.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    @Roddster Pretty well what @Eric_H says, if you're going that far you might as well go the whole hog, as you probably will later, and you'll just end up buying 2 or more maps

4. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    I did it slowly just to see what each stage did but ultimately I should have done it all at once. I did mess about with various maps that came with TuneECU but none of them gave me what I wanted but Tune3 from Triumph Twin Power was like night and day in comparison and worth every penny.

The guy who was running TTP has now retired so you can only get the maps and his site has some useful stuff on. Stuff like Blanking plugs for the SAI, 02 and the bellmouth can be purchased in other places. the K&N filter will work just as well as the DNA one that TTP used to sell. It's the map that does the magic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roddster

Roddster New Member
    Subscriber

Dec 2, 2022
    England
    Great replies thanks for the input