**now Sold ** '99 Sprint St 955i - Low Miles (c.8k), £975 Ono

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Adie P, Apr 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #1 Adie P, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Hello! I'm selling, on behalf of a friend, a 1999 Sprint ST 955i.

To keep a long story short, the bike was bought new, under some 'peer pressure' and has covered approximately 8,???+ miles The owner suffered some anxiety issues and - sensibly, I suppose - stopped riding; laid the bike up; removed the battery and stored it at the back of a dry, house-attached garage. The bike has been stored, unused for AT LEAST 10 YEARS, consequently there are a few, relatively minor signs of corrosion. I suspect the bike has never wanted for anything other than the main dealer supplied servicing and has almost certainly not been abused - the owner's not exactly the hooligan type. I don't currently have any of the paperwork for the bike but I'm sure that will be supplied by the owner.

The bike is in very good condition overall and the paintwork, whilst not totally "unmarked" (there may be some small stone marks and some marks from leathers) is all orginal, and sound. Hopefully there'll be some images attached below. All the panels and fittings appear to be the originals. The bike would make a superb "daily rider" or an easy restoration. Alternatively, I suppose, it could be CRK'd and things like the fairings, plastics and original silencer could be sold off to recoup a substantial part of the purchase price.

The bike will need to be trailer or van transported. It's located in mid-Devon approximately 7 miles from the nearest M5 junction.

PLEASE NOTE :- THE BIKE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER THE LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED.

If you require any further information or more pictures please feel free to pm me.

EDIT :- My apologies for any confusion. I've deleted the failed images. PLEASE SEE POST BELOW WHERE SOME SUCCESSFUL UPLOADS ARE SHOWN.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Pics didn't come out mate ;);)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for a summer project bike
    New battery, change of oils
    Clean out the tank etc
    Great opportunity for someone

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hmmmm... thanks!

I always have trouble posting pictures - think I've managed it once but I have no idea how!

I'll have a go at uploading rather than copy/paste.

Should be a few images attached ..... if I've (finally!) done this right.

Cheers, guys.

sprint9553.jpg

sprint9554.jpg

sprint9555.jpg

sprint9557.jpg

sprint9558.jpg

sprint9551.jpg

sprint95512.jpg

sprint95513.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi Jez.

Yep, I know - I've been sorely tempted to take it on for myself - it is in good nick; seemingly all original and unmolested and a bargain even with the nominal amount of work needed to bring it up to A1. But, I've reached a "dawning of personal realisation" that I'm NOT EVER going to have all the time I'd need to do the work on the stuff I've already got and have enough time to ride and enjoy them.

I'm probably going to try to offload another couple of "projects" including, perhaps, the Sprint Exec. Sad but practical, realistic and inevitable! :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #6 TEZ 217, Apr 13, 2020
    I read this on another posting -
    oh, by the way, did i mention i'm looking for a cheap sprint...?

decrepitus, Mar 28, 2020
    I have pointed this sale out to @decrepitus and sent him a PM hopefully he will see this and come back to you on it
    (third party - first dibs his way if poss, just till he see's this post :))

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    As I was scrolling down through the pictures, I thought I'd post exactly that but now I don't need to. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

In the interest of full disclosure (and all that legalistic crap) SmilinJack has expressed an interest (via PM) and, as he did so before 1600, has been given a "first refusal". He has also said, with commendable fairness, that should there be a local interest or acceptable offer then "que sera" ... or was it "kiss me arse"?

Seriously, thanks for the interest, guys. I'll make a note of any serious enquiries and keep you all informed. I don't really want anyone coming to look before lockdown ends - social distancing doesn't cut it when you're in the vulnerable category :D - but I needed to get the ad. up to show the owner that I'm not just sitting on my original idea of buying it.

EDIT :- BTW, I did already PM decrepitus BEFORE I put the ad. up as I'd seen his post as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #9 TEZ 217, Apr 13, 2020
    Completely understand @Adie P - First come First served, Nowt to do with me you understand was only trying to promote your friends sale ,:cool::cool:
    SPOT ON :) Good luck @Smilinjack :D:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That's good to know Adie, thanks for adding that, as said was trying to promote your sale and point decrepitus in the direction of a bloody bargain !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    In view of some of the recent changes to the lockdown restrictions I thought I'd give this a BUMP.

The bike is still available and I'm actively seeking to rehome it as I'm rapidly running out of space! A couple of photos taken yesterday :-

Any offers?

WP_20200624_17_09_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20200624_17_10_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20200624_17_08_38_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Adie, I am interested, if you can hang on until tonight I will run it past the boss! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Absolutely no problem.

BTW, I meant to add a message to @Smilinjack in my BUMP .... I assume that, in current circumstances, you're still happy to suggest that I go ahead with any attempt to sell this? If you do happen to want to retain an interest, let me know, please. I'm more than happy to keep you as first call if you're interested? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I thought as the post was so old he wasn't interested?

15. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    It was more on the basis of he had first dibs pre-lockdown; the work situation for him, personally, meant a "probable" withdrawal but not a definite "I'm out" so, as a matter of courtesy, I should have made mention to him that it would be resurrection shuffle. Or summat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    OK, thanks for that @n- and my apologies for overlooking the formality of mentioning your situation in my thread bump!

So, can I take it that, if Billy comes up with a bid, you'll be "happy" (poor choice of words, I guess) for that to constitute first come first served? I've no wish or intention to upset anyone over this, especially through my personal stupidity and forgetfullness!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Losing the work unit AND the lockdown are, I know, screwing you - royally - at the moment so I don't think you're welching on anything.

OK, in fairness to all, if you're happy to say that, as at this moment in time, first come, first served is amenable then we can all move forward in agreement!

Thanks @Smilinjack

• Like Like x 3
  18. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon
    OK if this is not sold, or those that have shown an interest are unable to proceed, I'd like to take it off your hands. I'm up the road in Barnstaple and am retired so can collect it whenever suits (and when I can hire a van). Please PM me if you want to proceed any further.

Cheers,

Graham

• Like Like x 2
  19. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi MonkeyHanger. Many thanks for the post and the interest, but I've just logged back in to update this thread having just waved goodbye to the ST! SO ........... I'm sorry - but also happy - to say that it's sold and gone to a good home.

I'm optimistic that it will serve Chris & Billy well with an investment of time, effort and (hopefully) modest expense.

Thanks and apologies to all that expressed an interest.

Sprint Exec, anyone? :D

• Like Like x 4
  20. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon

That's what I get for overthinking things, I should have responded as soon as I saw your first post.

Thanks anyway

• Like Like x 4