Nos Genuine Triumph Parts, Early Hinckleys

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Adie P, Feb 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #1 Adie P, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    I recently missed out on a pair of genuine Triumph tank knee pads with the proper early Hinckley logo for sale on ebay. I'd set a maximum bid of (I think) around £40 and the bidding stayed in the low £30s until less than a minute before the end of the auction when my maximum was suddenly outbid. I didn't even have time to get another bid in so, that was it. They'd gone. :(

I'd been looking for these things for ages so I was really miffed as they're no longer available and even secondhand ones don't come up for sale very often. I had a good old sulk until the next day and then restarted my trawl. On one search, well down a page of google search results, I saw an entry with the Triumph genuine part number listed, followed that entry and it took me to an ebay listing for exactly the part I wanted for sale in, of all places, a Honda main dealer, Miles Kingport in Hull. I immediately made the purchase (at a saving of almost £10 over the original listing!) but tempered my purchase with a request for a check and confirmation that the parts really did have the 'correct' logo for my bike. They did, so they're on the way. Happy days.

Following a brief email conversation with them I learned that Miles Kingport had a number of miscellaneous NOS Triumph items for sale and they sent me a screenshot of the list of parts available - the screenshot should be below. The parts appear to be for mainly early bikes (couple of TT600 parts; 955 screen; Mk.II Speed flyscreen, etc.) and are fairly random. Any road up, m'duck, I ordered a couple of other items that are now 'unobtainium' and they confirmed that they were happy for me to share the list of available parts with other forum members so, tiz yer .......

Triumph parts.JPG
    You can use Fowlers' web site to check the Triumph part numbers and their description/fitment but PLEASE NOTE ...

the list above was the one MK sent to me so you can ignore part numbers :-

A9701010
    A9930001
    A9718000

because they're the parts that I've already ordered! :p

The prices aren't particularly cheap - I suspect that they're the recommended list prices set by Triumph at time of issue - but, as mentioned, these are original, genuine parts and are no longer available. Unobtainium is a very rare element and is much more valuable than gold or platinum!

• Like Like x 3