Non sports bike clothing

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by toffeeboy, Jul 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Having just bought my bike I need to get a new wardrobe as I think it'll look a bit odd with me dressed in bright one piece race suit, boots, sports gloves etc so I'll keep that for my sports bike.

So I'm looking for some Triumph (or similar suitable) clobber, jacket 44 chest, trousers 34 waist and size 9 boots

If anyones lost weight (I know none of us guys ever put any on so wouldn't insult you with that ;-) ) and has some bits to sell or can point me in the direction of some decent quality, reasonably priced stuff please give me a shout

2. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Thanks, will check it out. Is all the Triumph kit good?

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    J and s accessories have a wide range of gear there are outlets all over. I have bought most of my gear there. Less sporty!

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    The Triumph Factory outlet is worth keeping an eye on - you can often get a bargain there. I bought my Adventure jacket for £75.00 (RRP £245.00). No complaints so far.

5. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire

Toffeeboy ?

ex fireblade and BMW forum member and owner ??

have a triumph sports textile jacket somewhere will send details
    plus a nice touring IXIS ? suit worn once roughly your size....

Rob......aka Repsol Rob and RRob when I had my S1000rr....... !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Hi Rob

Good to hear from you!!!!!!

Yes the same Toffeeboy, still members of both forums and this is an additional bike not a replacement, still have the BMW and still love it but a more sensible approach required for 2 up riding

What are you riding these days, back on a Blade?

Send me details of your clobber please.

Thanks

7. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    No mate a GS and loving it...... did the 500 miler a few weeks back from Assen GP and felt perfect !
    ill dig some pics out and post em tomorrow youll have first dibs.....

8. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Thanks mate, I tried the GS but a bit too tall for me, tried the R nine T which I liked a lot but that boxer engine was just a bit too odd for me. How come you find yourself on the Triumph forum, have you been through one of these too

9. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    I'm just about to get a triple..... the GS isn't for me as like you said its a bit on the high side..... ! but a cracking bike for long distance though.

10. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I've got this, if you're interested drop me a PM. Size 54 with removable liner and armour in shoulders and elbows with a pocket for back protector. Like new, never worn on bike. Great leather jacket, look cool on your bonny !

image.jpeg

11. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Looks good, tell me more, definitely interested - do you want to mail me?

12. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    You'll get a good price for your GS as they hold their money, I did fancy one but couldn't get both feet flat on the floor so wasn't an option, I had a disastrous and very short ownership of a Pan for touring, it weighed more than my house and everytime I had to hold it up at lights etc I would grit my teeth in anticipation - not fun at all

13. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    It's probably similar to the new Newchurch jacket in spec. As I say like new, fits below the waist like a 3/4 length, zips down the sides, adjustable poppers at the bottom....nice.

£125:00 inc any postage insured etc

14. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Can you do me a favour and put a tape measure across the chest, pit to pit internal please