Noisy Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tiglet, May 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    In a way I do agree. There are a few bikers out there. And it's not the pipes it how they just got to rev the arse of their bike when anyone is around and blip blip blip. Sorry mate I heard it and it does not make me smile think they are just idiots thank god they are fewer than the rest of us. And all my bike have after market cans not to offend or blow people's eardrums out just pleasant to me and when I go into built up area's they are quite enough not to offend. But I find the schoolboy racers on their peds are the worst offenders they rip around these villages with little or no exhaust making noise going nowhere. They meet their mates and all sit there trying to damage each others hearing. Ban peds.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #4 MadMrB, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    I'm sitting here reading this, whilst there is some young prat outide in a crap corsa making far more noise than most bikes :mad:.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

EXACTLY :)
    There’s enough Feckin do gooders out there having a go at motorbikers without us having a go at each other :mad:

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE :imp:

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES :skull:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused:
    We’re becoming extinct anyway mate :confused:cos most of us are Feckin dinosaurs :eek:
    Went for a walk at the weekend with wor lass and as we got back into our street a young lad on a Suzuki scrambler used our culdesac for a short cut back to his estate across the main road :imp:
    Noisy exhaust and no crash helmet:eek:
    Everyone that was out stopped and looked at him and everyone got out of the way because they heard him :imp:
    Wor lass wasn’t best pleased and her and some of the neighbours were full of angst and indignation at the audacity of this young man enjoying himself :mad:
    I bit my tongue until I was back in the house and said that’s what I did when I was his age :imp:
    It was over in a couple of seconds like it is with most passing motorbike’s :confused:
    The tutting head shakes and inverted snobbery went on for a lot lot longer than the so called offence :confused:

LET HIM WHO IS WITHOUT SIN THROW THE FIRST STONE :p

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What,,,,,Snobbery and Washington,,,,,,nah don’t believe it ;):laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Aye I'd feckin hit you with it Jesus, if you didn't sway around so much. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Duckadiledundee.
    Unless when you run out of petrol.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I am just sitting here listening to a car would say six cylinder and it sounds gorgeous.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I feckin knew it :eek:
    Be painting his bike with Feckin rainbows next :joy::p

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes Duckadildundee I see you could be. But you still did a fantastic job getting it back to the way it is now. Tell the truth I have done the same. But all credit to you. You got there I didn't I got picked up and went home. Does that help to restore your friendship with me.
    Grovel
    Joe.:cool::)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    I have the TORS pipe on my bike because it looks great, but I would be happier if it was quieter, although, to be fair, this one, (my third), isn't bad. I really am not a fan of excessively noisy exhausts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Errr, did you read that back??? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Shhhh :confused: he’s another one :eek:
    Raving CHROMEOSEXUAL :eek::joy::p

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It’s alright for you Ducky sticking your chest out and being all high and mighty,,,,you’ve got a tank to play around in when the rest of us are grounded :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    What I don’t like about noisy exhausts is how expensive they are,there’s fuck all too them there must be some right mark up on them. They’ll not ban them as they know electric bikes are around the corner like it or not and that the noisy old fuckers are dying off So they’ll have nowt to worry about .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Duckadiledundee.
    Don't think that is ever going to happen. And thankyou my hat size has now gone one size bigger.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    "Johnny Fartpants"? @Smilinjack, you just brought me my biggest laugh of the day. :joy::joy::joy: I'd like to co-opt that nickname for my own future use when the circumstances warrant if you don't mind. :yum

• Like Like x 6
  20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oooh, the great phrases being tossed about on this thread. I'd like to co-opt the term "chromeosexual" along with Smilinjack's "Johnny Fartpants, if you don't mind, Dilli!

As I've said before, I learn something new on this forum daily. Earlier today it was the Brembo brake recall. And now it's Johnny Fartpants and Chromeosexual. Bonus! :grinning::heart:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2