Noise From Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yeti007, Jun 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. yeti007

yeti007 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Switzerland
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hello Yeti, and welcome in :cool::cool:

3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi Peter and welcome in :)

Sorry I can't help you with your noise... sounds like a helicopter to me :confused:

4. yeti007

yeti007 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Switzerland
    Hi, yes the drive by wire motors are also clearly noticeable, but only if the engine is not running. It is more likely something from the fuel system.

5. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Quite how you can tell anything from that sound clip.....cant really hear a whistling sound more like bad clutch rattle from a disengaged worn clutch to me.

6. London_Day_600

Jul 7, 2019
    LONDON
    Welcome Peter,

I can hear a 'whistling' which comes and goes lasting about 3 seconds - it occurs twice possibly 3 times in your recording.

What makes you think it is the fuel tank? Have you had your ear up against it?

Does it happen at higher rpm?

I would first look around the airbox (debris inside/damaged filter) then check hoses connected to/from it.

However as the bike is new and under warranty - once you pinpoint the source and are able to recreate it on demand/louder, I'd be taking it back to the dealer.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tomap

Tomap New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Sverige
    Hello,
    As I said to another thread.

My two weeks old t120 with 700 km just started buzzing from the throttle body...

I have a the 800 km service booked on Wednesday and hope that will give a solution.

Did you find a solution on your side ?

Can't believe that kind of sound is normal... Especially when it just start from nowhere.

8. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    My 2019 Street Twin does the same thing. I think this may be normal. Along with the fuel gage taking over a mile to register full after a fill up.