No Shit Sherlock

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Sep 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    upload_2020-9-9_7-54-51.jpeg

upload_2020-9-9_7-54-51.png

sorry for the double paste its a forum error when you paste it puts the picture in twice and even if you delete it re-appears

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Nuff said...
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, it's their constitutional right, mate... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    natural selection will take it's course me thinks.......

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I'm not denying that there will inevitably be an increased number of infections, but from the article text this is a "study" and only a claim, with the $12.2 billion cost smelling a lot like bullshit to me :rolleyes:

And if that level of new infections claimed in the "study" were to come about, then of those new infections only a very small number will need medical intervention, many will probably have no noticable symptoms... typical MSM scaremongering IMO :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    After seeing the rise of the new militia groups in the US i wonder if civil war will beat covid to it.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Maybe so, but the 'naturally selected' are likely to cause considerable untold, unwarranted, unfair and wholly unnecessary collateral damage.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Quite possibly :worried:

Where are the studies into, and MSM reporting of, how many new infections there will be as a result of all the (lefty marxist) rioting and protesting that has been occuring in the US for months? :rolleyes:

Where are the studies/reporting of what the cost, both immediate and as a result the future fallout, of the the rioting/protesting in the US? I imagine the damage costs including; heath care, property, business, and human will be astronomic! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    For me if this study is true, it just demonstrates the irresponsible attitude of people in society (does not matter which society in the world)..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    I doubt there is little truth in the story. I did attend a HD dealer outdoor event with I'm guessing 500 HD and about 20 other makes (3 triumphs) very few masks, this was probably 3 weeks ago. Social distancing was minimal once people were chatting. Went to a friend's church and they were packing people in like 500-600 maskless sardines, I turned around and left. Until next Wednesday churches were exempt from being a reported covid cluster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    I doubt there is little truth in the story. I did attend a HD dealer outdoor event with I'm guessing 500 HD and about 20 other makes (3 triumphs) very few masks, this was probably 3 weeks ago. Social distancing was minimal once people were chatting. Went to a friend's church and they were packing people in like 500-600 maskless sardines, I turned around and left. Until next Wednesday churches were exempt from being a reported covid cluster. I wear mask.

12. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    260,000 cases ? I doubt it. But having that event was not the smartest thing a group of humans should do under the circumstances. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So what do you think about the latest restrictions in England that start on Monday?

14. Taffy Down Under

Taffy Down Under New Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Victoria Australia
    We're still in Stage 4 down here in Melbourne. Sad times not being able to do bugger all. No light at the end of the tunnel till November 23rd. Desperate to go for a long ride down to Phillip Island.

Oh... also while I'm here. Anything reported by that joke of a so called newspaper The Telegraph should be taken with a pinch of salt. I wouldn't even wrap my chips in it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Got to agree with @Duckadiledundee the recommendations do seem to be a little wierd and confusing. But there is no doubting that the number of cases has increased in the last few weeks and if the government don't attempt to stop this trend we could be back in a full lockdown. Makes you wonder what is the worst of the two evils?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It seems out of sort and smells of something slimy to me, that usually in a pandemic or epidemic they count deaths, but suddenly during this it's cases that are important. I guess pointing out the low death rate wouldn't cause enough panic for people to accept the shut down and economic ruin without so much as a whimper.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The Covid-19 thing illistrates why I moved out of the Los Angeles.area.years ago. The stupid human race all want to live in MY backyard. "Oh we just HAVE to see Hollywood Bl." (squeal). "OH, we just have to drive Route 66" (squeal). "OH is there REALLY a place called Sunset Bl ? (squeal). They watch too much TV and movies. They have the mindset of a 15 yr. old girl. OH growup mankind ! We cannot ALL live here. I moved 80 miles out of the city years ago. Now the crowd is pressing in here. Then they all get "the plague" and want to live right on top of each other. These are not the locals. We don't think all that stuff is any big deal. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Hit the nail on the head with the 15 year old girl or something that appears to be a male JD. But then again 12 or less year old girl maybe today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I once worked with a guy in L.A. that told he moved out here because of the cars and the girls and.the palm trees.! He was from Washington.D.C. This is not a kid. He was 45-48 years old. I told him he had watched too many episodes of "Baywatch". It is not the locals that are the crazyies. It the ones that drift in from elsewhere. ...J.D.

20. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Bingo at @JtC the reports are total cases vs active cases, therefore the graph can only rise, and NEVER decline. US Deaths from the virus are pretty much flatlined without any detectable rise or peaks from the start. Is there something the matter with this big picture? Yes media greed and political greed/money grab. May take a couple of years for local governments to figure out they cut there own throat by jumping on the virus bandwagon

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1