No Grease On The Rear Suspension!?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Ducatitotriumph, May 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Just finished putting some lust lowering plates on the speedy rs and, tbh, shocked to see that there was NO grease whatsoever on any linkage.
    I have an Abba stand so it was just a 15 min job but it was something that I didn’t think was right so I added some as a future proof. Surely (unlucky?) a one off?

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    It’s something that’s never done at the factory seemingly. The old single sided swingarms are notorious for it too

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Bonkers. How many seconds to do at installation? Glad I saw it tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Quite a few on here, me included, have found little or no grease in the drop link bearings. They don’t have a lot of movement but still need grease and it wouldn’t take more than a second or two on the assembly line to put some in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    It used to be the joke that the four big Japanese bike makers shared a pot of grease and it was pure luck if your bike was made in the week the pot was in the same factory. My SV650 links were bone dry when I stripped and cleaned them,

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1