Featured No doubts ....T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Jboy, Feb 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jboy

Jboy Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire
    :cool:Hi all. Its been a long sh---y winter and where i live the roads are minging with farmers mud. So, not been on the bike since early October. Over winter i've seen the posts about niggles with recalls and corrosion etc and although mine has been fine, TBH I had started to fall out of love with my 120, even got to the point of thinking i had made a mistake getting it and this week i have been eyeing up different bikes. BUT. Today the sun shone, roads were dry and fairly rain washed clean so i took it out for a spin to fill up with some new juice and you know what, it was bloody tremendous. I was bombing along back lanes doing say 50-60 ish and remembered exactly why i got it. It was fun, so comfortable, effortless snicking between 3rd and 4th mostly, sounded a treat and it even turned a few heads too! I am not changing it. It really really is a lovely bike and i have owned and ridden so many over the years. Anyhow just thought i would share my thoughts with you....cheers john

• Like Like x 16
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Good to hear John.

3. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Nice one John,

It will be Spring & Summer before the blink of an eye & none of us will have any time for the internet or be worrying about polishing & corrosion & keeping warm.

4. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    ..and then before the blink of an eye Summer & Autumn will give way to..

..oh bugger.

5. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    I have the 865 Bonnie and to me it's all about as you say 50-60 miles an hour just enjoying being on a Bonneville :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent

What a super post.Honest and refreshingly straight forward.
    It was sunny here as well, I went and looked at my Newchurch yesterday afternoon, sadly still in its vacuum bag, much rather have been doing what you did though.

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trophy57

Trophy57 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Tasmania Australia
    I love it. THIS is why we ride - fine weather , good roads, just the hum of the motor and the road wizzing past

Magic.

• Like Like x 3
  8. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Bang on mate Friday was the first time out since the last day of October for me and our lass reckoned I couldn't stop grinning when I got back.
    Half hour stop at the local for a pot of tea and no less the 3 different folk came over to ask about it. I don't think I've ever had a bike that just feels so right
    Think today's looking pretty good....got to go !

• Like Like x 1