Ng Racing Round 8 - Oulton Park Sat 28th Sep

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    It was very different with the bike running better, you hit corners faster, which means the lines narrow down & you use more of the track, such a pity that we only got to race Saturday, I would have liked the extra 2 races on Sunday to try and improve more, most rounds this year I have put in best lap in the last race on Sunday.

I feel more than a little disappointed in my lack of real progression through the season.
    When I am brutally honest with myself I think after crashes in rounds 2 & 3, I was riding to not fall off rather than to go balls out, way too much in my comfort zone, very rarely getting out of shape or having a 'moment', Brands in the first round I was way more aggressive, with a packed grid I was much further up the pack, I recorded a 10th there which was one of only 2 points scoring rounds all year.

Below is the final championship table, I finished 25th in the riders championship (shootout for top 6 spots in main championship) and 10th in the Senior cup, so I guess I have to be grateful that at least I picked up some points when many others didn't.

upload_2019-10-1_11-42-52.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Thanks Ron, but shouldn't end a season thinking 'what if', chance has gone now to compete in another full championship, so will have to try harder if I make it to a couple of rounds next year.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    First race on Saturday on totally the wrong tyres but still trying.

Old Hall corner.

7C107BF7-8C72-4FBC-821D-15AEEA4430DD.jpeg

Exiting Old Hall.

98E0B646-C8AE-4057-831A-CB9C56E65DF5.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Carl took some terrific photos, Billy! Thanks for sharing them. A couple are framing worthy, I'd say!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Holy moly! Racing in the rain on a cranky and unpredictable beast of a bike in rain gear and all! You truly do live up to your "Baddest Member" forum moniker, Billy. :kissing_heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    He sure did Sandi, the ones from the professionals have started coming through now, as I said they have the huge telephoto lenses so manage to get in close, plus they are also allowed trackside which Carl was not.
    He's a couple from the pro's...

mb1.jpg Above photo is a great shot, you can see right into my visor, and you can clearly see the grooves on the full race wets, concentrate Billy it's still fecking slippery out here!
    mb2.jpg Above photo taken on last lap race 2, someone had crashed on this corner, there was oil on the inside, I had seen it, the rider behind hadn't, he was wondering if I was ever going to turn in!
    mb3.jpg mb4.jpg
    Below is forming up on start grid after sighting lap.
    mb5.jpg Below photo is waiting on grid for sighting lap, race face is on!
    mb6.jpg Oulton 1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Wasn't much fun riding the bike when it was missing, especially when it went back onto four cylinders halfway round a wet corner. Riding in the wet on full race wets is actually OK when the bike behaves, the first race I was on wets on a track that had dried, bike moves around a lot as tyres overheat, the 2nd race I was on wets again on a track that was very wet in places but drying in others, lap times were very similar in both races, as I always say, rain is made of water not olive oil, so man up!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Great pic's Bill, :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    A few more photos from Oulton, 1st 3 are me trying to go round the outside into Shell Oils corner.

ss5.png ss6.png ss7.png
    SS1.png ss2.png ss4.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nice for you to be nice for a change Ron :heart_eyes:, glad to hear it's killing you! :):p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am helping you get over your angry issues Ron, in doing this spreading peace and harmony throughout the Forum.

I would like to take issue with the being nice for a week though, had you forgotten about your reply to Sandi this morning then?

Holy moly! Racing in the rain on a cranky and unpredictable beast of a bike in rain gear and all! You truly do live up to your "Baddest Member" forum moniker, Billy. :kissing_heart:
    Nope, He is still a twat. :p A bad ass twat maybe. But a twat. :blush:

96 Speed Triple MK 1 named Scarlett
    Ron Ashurst, Today at 8:07 AM

12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :confused: Upon a closer study of the photos, just realised the close up isn't actually me :blush:, it's another rider that wears identical leathers to me as well as a Shoei lid and Alpine Stars gloves :dizzy:, well spotted! :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :joy: Easy done mate, the only reason it's easy to spot me on the track is because of the fluorescent yellow wheels and mudguard! :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Those are all great photos, Billy. I do like the first one the best. Gotta get that pic in a frame and hanging on the man cave wall. :) Or maybe in the living room or kitchen.

• Like Like x 1