Featured Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That wooden front paddock stand looks shit mate:p:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    All the very best for tomorrow Bill and hopefully see you on Sunday :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Treat everyday as a school day and everyone on the track as an enemy.
    Worked for me:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Did you have a good time there Billy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Well, first off - a HUGE and sincere "Thank You" to Mr.and Mrs. Billy for their kind hospitality at Castle Combe today. Don't know why but I didn't catch Mrs. BB's real name so,my apologies for the formality! It was SO nice to meet Billy (super nice person) his wife (likewise); his "dad" (looks ever so young :p), and his friends and fellow riders - also nice people! There's a really good 'family atmosphere' in the their area of the paddock and there certainly seems to be no pretension about any of the riders there! Pleasure to meet you all.

I might have had more to say if I'd got there when I had aimed to, but getting lost (I don't use a sat nav on the bike and didn't write down my route directions .... DOH!) and ending up in Bath put the mockers on arriving in time to see Billy's first race. I did see him arrive back at his paddock immediately post race and got one of those pictures that tells a very hard story so I won't post that one. Castle Combe looks like it's very fast but bumpy and it must have been really hard work wrestling a road bike around there harder than it was meant to be wrestled!

Regrettably, I didn't have time to stay for BB's second race but I'm hopeful that he managed to get some improvement on the earlier times and postiion.

It's quite an eye-opener getting this close to real, low budget (comparatively) amateur circuit racing and seeing how much effort goes in to motor sport at this level. I guess we get so anaesthetised by the big budget and highly glamorous Moto GP et al. coverage on TV that it becomes too easy to think that racing is SUCH a nice, easy sport to get into but I've had a meaningful glimpse at how much effort and expense is required and I have to say that I really do respect and admire these riders and the families and friends that support them.

There should be a few pictures below that I took at the track today. Billy specifically wanted one with the Niken so that Ron ASHURST could see how much Billy approves of the idea of Ron swapping Scarlett for one of these ..........

Just kidding Ron, I made that up just to see if it would "launch" you!:D

Thanks again guys for a great day!

p.s. I was home in good time to take Moss out for a walk, despite a very busy motorway ride.

IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9698.JPG

IMG_9700.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9703.JPG

IMG_9707.JPG

• Like Like x 13
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Billy can you adapt the last pic to Bandit, just think how much harder you could chuck that in

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    #27 Dave C, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Have to agree with Adie P after also popping in on "Team Bad Billy" at Castle Combe today, great to see you again Bill and to meet some of your friends and family and being welcomed with a fresh cuppa from Mrs Billy, I watched both races and despite a few issues with the bike you stuck in there and gave it your best shot, what results did you and Dave get in race 2?? I took some pics out at Quarry corner, apologies for the poor quality.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    IMG_20190901_192111.jpg IMG_20190901_192211.jpg IMG_20190901_192256.jpg

IMG_20190901_192111.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Awesome photos and video, Billy! Thanks for sharing them. :) Love the viewing perspective in the videos. I have a question for you. How many racers are typically in each race??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi, Billy! Thanks for the info. Very interesting! I really enjoy the whole subculture of motorcycles. And this racing, particularly the type of racing that you do, is a really cool subculture within the subculture. If I lived a bit closer, I'd certainly come watch you race and enjoy the whole scene!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think you're right about that, Billy. I don't know about the UK but here in the US it seems that the equivalent grass roots racing scene as of late has been the resurgence of flat track racing. And the "race whatcha brung" types of races at rallies. But, in true capitalistic fashion, flat track is now becoming more mainstream, more sponsored, and more about money. Seems to be the way of the world......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona

13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I like that very few mods are allowed and that the officials make sure that's the case. Nice that the playing field is somewhat leveled and, as you said, people can't just throw big money around to buy a win. How long has this series been in existence, Billy?

14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Eek! More entertaining?! :p:eek:

15. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I thought you was checking the fuel level:p,

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Look at the track Bill, for God's sake man, look at the track. o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Thank goodness for that Bill, I thought you were going all kamikaze on us :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    This is getting like the Brexit thread “nothing to see here”if you’d added I can see without looking Yoda is with me, different story :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2