Newtown On The 3rd

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Gazwhitespeed, Oct 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Hello everybody who is still out riding this time of year,
    I am picking my new bike up this saturday,[not a triumph] then taking it straight home and waiting until the following friday to tax it,on sunday the 3rd i am leaving early to start running it in and i do a run around leominster every day in my van [when i am working] so thought i would go that way and do a recce on where i am staying for the gmu,i know there is a greggs and McD in Newtown so could maybe meet some of you hardy souls there about 9.30,of course if the weather is crap i won't be going,maybe some of you know a better cafe around there to have breakfast on a sunday,i will be going up to welshpool and getting on the A5 to go home.

• Like Like x 2
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gazwhitespeed.
    Do pray tell us all what the new steed will be.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Joe,it's another big KTM,i used to have a 1190 adventure [1200cc vtwin] this one is it's replacement a 1290 Adventure,absolutely huge and i am only a short arse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cracking bike though mate!

5. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    yes mate,always try them out first,but as i know how great the 1190 was,like 3 bikes in 1,i am saving riding a 1290 until i get mine,the 1190 could take me & the mrs with loads of luggage at close to 140mph up the M8 to glasgow,do over 50mpg and then show a few sportsbikes up around the backroads the next weekend,so you could say i am looking forward to this one.

6. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    It's my 8th Ktm,1st one back in 2005 was an unusual Yellow and Black.

7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gazwhitespeed.
    Well pretty oblivious you like your KTM'S. Do enjoy and don't forget when you get the grin of your chops to let us see the beastie.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Loved my Superduke 990, had a go on my mate's 1290 ... awesome! Oh! I do love a V twin! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    I really don't know how they make a twin feel so smooth.Joe If i knew how to put pics on here i would,tried a few times in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Littleade,yes that would be good,i don't know what the situation will be as it's a pre reg,Brand new no miles but on a 19 plate not a 69.I assume that the dealer will already have the v5 and i hand it in to the post office to change when i tax it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Even though it's new they only pay the tax on new bikes,because it's pre registered iv'e got to pay for it,could have done without that as the insurance is double what my mt10 was,not because it's any faster because it has the capabilities of going off road so is more stealable.So much so that my insurance company iv'e been with for years flat out refused to insure it and i lost 5 months of this years no claims and had to go with another company.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Found out where to get the picture from.

ktm 1290.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Found out there is a morrisons in leominster and their cafe opens at 9.30 on sunday for a proper breakfast so hopefully will be there at 9.30 not newtown.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Aaaaah .... the food of the gods:yum - apart, that is, from the mushrooms (they make me unwell). However, they will swap them for another sausage/egg/rasher of bacon, or add a slice of toast as a substitute if you ask them nicely. And I know this how, exactly??:blush:
    Oh, and there is a Morrisons in Newtown if needed.:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    One can but try, Jez.
    Morrisons' cafes are good value, especially if you are in touristy/expensive parts of the country.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    LMAO!!!:laughing::laughing:

Tesco's is the home of our local miserable staff. Except for Marion. She was one of our neighbours before we moved recently. I always get a cuddle from her.:grinning::heart: I like Marion!! (And yes, Lesley knows!! Keeps offering her 50p to take me awayo_O).

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    OOPS!!:)
    Silly me!:blush:
    I blame the sausages!:yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    You can derail it anytime if your talking about breakfasts,i don't much like the fried bread or the tomato,but copious amounts of all the others will be fine,then i can get on the bike and be able to touch the floor much better as it sags under my weight.

• Funny Funny x 4