Newbie T120

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Goonergoose, Aug 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hi everyone, as above, I’m new to both the forum and, well 3 months ago a jet black Bonneville T120 Black.
    At the time I was dithering wildly to wether I should sell my old bike. It was a fantastic bike. A BMW R1200GSA, there was nothing wrong with it I had owned it for 6 years it had not missed a beat, I think I was just a bit bored.
    Anyway it happened I sold it, feeling very sad as it rolled off my driveway. The King is dead, long live the King. A few weeks later the Bonneville T120 black appeared on my drive.
    Well I have to say now I do not regret it, I am really surprised at how much I am loving this bike!
    I find it really fun to ride and own. Loving the way I can make the bike my own.
    Bonnifacation has started, put a few of the small cosmetic knickknacks on and this weekend fitted some bar end mirrors. Those old mirrors was getting on my nerves, just got sick of looking at my elbows, these bar ends was just the ticket, improving the look also.
    When I bought her she had 1500 miles and was fitted with Vance and Hines pipes, so to go with them I have just bought an X-pipe, can’t wait to get this on, very exciting.

B33CBEF2-D1F6-48F7-8355-BFF3654CF45A.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    Very nice bike and the right colour
    BLACK :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you can have the room in the middle of me and Dilligaf as you have got the best colour bike in the forum.
    BLACK
    _20180704_103251.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Good morning and welcome. Congrats on the new bike. After all, isn't that the main reason we all upgrade bikes every few years? Or in months, if we get a lemon!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome to the forum. You have a great looking bike!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Interesting move and welcome in to the madhouse. There are some German bike owners on here too btw but I don’t know who they are! ;):p:no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you, I think you may just be right

8. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi G and welcome. Your Bonnie looks great !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thank you Angus, really looking forward to making her my own.

11. Thank you all for the warm welcome !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Goonergoose and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phil-osophy

Phil-osophy Member

May 7, 2018
    Hampshire
    Welcome. From a fellow T120 Black owner, all be it Matt Graphite.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers Phil, I initially wanted Matt graphite, they was sold out and discontinued the colour then I wanted Matt black, there was a waiting list for that and not being the most patient person this jet black one came up with not many miles So I pulled the trigger. Glad I did.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Phil-osophy

Phil-osophy Member

May 7, 2018
    Hampshire
    Saw the black and grey together, dealer said grey was last one and couldn't order another one. Took me a week to decide the colour, grey was still in shop and just won by a whisker.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Hello Goonergoose and welcome,
    same story for me: I owned a very rare BMW R1150 R Black Rockster (all matte black and gun metal) for 14 years. It looked lake a real Batbike and rode like hell. Back then I found Triumph Bonnies a bit too weak on the hp-side.
    Since my best friend sold his Bonneville 900 and bought a T120 Black, I bought me a Thruxton R and my experience is the same as yours: a whole lot of more fun to ride! I get it out much more often than I did the BMW. The engine purrs and pops and puts a big foolish smile on my face everytime I ride it!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Martin McCarthy

Martin McCarthy New Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Bournemouth
    Welcome to the forum just fitted an x pipe to my Bonnie you won’t regret it bike sounds great even with standard cans

• Like Like x 1
  18. Martin Joseph Lowe

Martin Joseph Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Merseyside
    Hi!
    Great bike,great forum to join.

I too bought T120 Black..no regrets..and luckily had Vance Hines and x pipe fitted when it came..sounds mint and other bikers have grinned at the grunt it can churn out..

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Hi Goonergoose and welcome to the mad house.
    Lovely looking Bonnie you have there

All the best

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome......
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1