Newbie Questions For Street Cup 2019

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Bobby Saigon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bobby Saigon

Bobby Saigon New Member

Apr 7, 2021
    Ho Chi Minh
    #1 Bobby Saigon, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Hi all

So I am over here in Saigon and rushed into buying a street cup 2019 model. Mostly because I always wanted a cafe racer and there is just not enough folk here doing good custom work to find unique bikes.

Am i right to say that this is a street twin in disguise?

Although the original paintwork is fine I have decided to go all black and just wanted to add some cool touches and being over here in Vietnam the ease of ordering items from Aliexpress is super convenient.

I wanted advice on whether these following items will work/fit correctly:

1) Radiator protector ( i think there is an OEM already attached but its basic looking)
    The below link has options for various models including street cup

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005001934453598.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5a103c00kEnbPZ&mp=1

2) Saddlebag support bar. They come as a pair but i only want for one side of the bike.
    Would these fit to the street cup?

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000148324052.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5a103c00kEnbPZ&mp=1

3) Side Cover
    Would these fit? I tried to check the measurements and its almost right.

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005002405677880.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5a103c00kEnbPZ&mp=1

Thanks for your patience in answering.

Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #2 RevPaul, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Hi Bobby

You're right the Street Cup can be thought of a Street Twin in disguise, I'd rather think of it as Café Raced Street Twin. As you may be see from my avatar I've gone for a blacked out look as well.

The T100 (from ~2016), Street Twin (up to 2019), Street Cup, and Street Scrambler (up to 2019) all share the same basic chassis and engine components; its the tanks and panels and some engine and suspension parts that make them look and perform differently.

So if the parts you have listed are made by a reputable manufacturer who has done their homework, they should all fit.

The radiators on the Street Twin, Cup and Scrambler are the same so the cover should be a straight replacement for the standard one (it is good looking).

The pannier rails look like Triumph's own version, and again should work if listed for a Street Twin, Scrambler or T100.

The same goes for the side covers, I think I've seen something very similar on the Omega Racer website.

Take a look at the Project Bumble Bee thread by Chay Delargy in the builds and projects section for more inspiration, the owner has done some very nice mods to his Street Cup including similar same side covers.

Enjoy the journey I'm certainly enjoying mine.

Cheers
    Paul

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bobby Saigon

Bobby Saigon New Member

Apr 7, 2021
    Ho Chi Minh
    thanks for the great information it will prove very helpful and ill update some pics once the transformation of my own bumblebee to black beauty is complete.

• Like Like x 2