Newbie Needs Advice Please

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Shaun Lee, Jan 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun Lee

Shaun Lee Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Manchester
    Stupid question time.. I am recommissioning a 2002 speed triple and have a question about the twin headlights, currently the right hand light (while sat on bike) only has a side light and main beam/passing light, no dipped beam, is this normal? I tried a second bulb but still no dipped beam? The left has dipped and main, do I have a wiring issue or is this normal operation please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I can't necessarily answer your question, but it is lovely to have a fellow 955 owner on here! I will have a look at my lights and report back...I am pretty sure though that they are both as bright as each other when I have my full but dipped h/lights on...

Also...as i can truly and totally testify; there are no silly questions here...just answers you haven't come across yet!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Welcome Shaun, I think there is a spare relay space on the RH side of the bike under the rear panel try taking the seat off and you may see the relays.. if you put a relay in it should give you both lights.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shaun Lee

Shaun Lee Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Manchester
    Well that was easy!!! 2 relays missing.... all working now, thanks!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Shaun Lee
    Welcome to the family. Glad you sorted the problem. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and shoe the inmates the steed.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2