765 New Tyres

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Iceman, Aug 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Well it was time for new tyres for my Street Triple 765rs, I usually use Supercorsa's, but given the ones on my 20 model have only lasted 2000 miles and completely gone I thought I would have a change. I went for the Metzeler Racetec RR K3s, I have been pleasantly surprised by them, they give even better grip than the Supercorsa's and I find they offer a softer ride over road undulations and they warm up very quick, I was caught out in torrential rain very recently and the tyres performed well, (as long as you keep to sensible speeds), although to be fair the Supercorsa's always handled well in the wet (I know others disagree). I can honestly say for me it's not about the cost of tyres, it's more about the inconvenience of either taking it in and waiting for a tyre change, or in my case taking the wheels off and having the tyres put on. I know most of the wear took place whilst I was in the Isle Of Man a few weeks ago, so I will see how these fair up. Ride safe all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tor-MC

Tor-MC New Member

Sep 24, 2021
    Norway
    I'm on Metzeler M9RR on my 765RS now since I wanted better handling in wet and cold compared to OEM SuperCorsa tires.
    I want to test the RaceTec RR K3 as well. How is handling in cold temperatures compared to SuperCorsa tires? Easier to get to operating temperature on RaceTec RR tires?

M9RR is way better than SuperCorsa in wet due to high Silica compound and more treads, but I miss the stiffer carcass of SuperCorsa on track days...

3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Tor-mc, I went on a 100 mile round trip yesterday, it was cold and damp in places, however the Racetec RR K3s performed excellent, they take a little longer to warm up in the cold conditions but nothing you would notice when road riding. I definitely find they suit both the RS and my style of riding much better than the Supercorsa's did and I will stick with them from now on. My sons have ridden the RS with both the Supercorsa's and the Racetec RR K3s on and both say they prefer the way the bike performs with the Racetec's on. I have heard good things about the M9RRs and the longer mileage they last, that said I pushed on at times yesterday and the RS never gave a moments worry. I find the RS to be a little stiff on the standard factory settings. I adjusted all the suspension settings front and rear yesterday before the ride out, and it has to be said it has transformed the feel and ride, I no longer feel my back is being jarred every time I went over road undulations, and I have to say adjusting the RS suspension is the easiest I have ever done, all you need is the tool Triumph supply for the fork top adjusters, allen key and a C spanner for the rear shock spring, and of course the tape measure. All in all it took me just under 20 minutes to adjust them all, and wow it is a smoother ride altogether, and very quick to revert back to standard setting for any track days.