New Tyres For Street Scrambler 2019

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Soffy, Feb 8, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Soffy

Soffy New Member

Dec 10, 2021
    France
    hello

Since my rear tyre as decided to marry a bolt :(, and as the front one has less than 2k km left, I have to change both tyres.
    Which ones will you recommend knowing that for now I will not do any off-road but I still want to keep the "scrambler" look on the bike
    Thanks in advance for your answer

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's. I changed the OEM Metzelers to these on my old SS and I'll be doing the same on the new one, possibly even before the Metzelers are worn out.

3. Soffy

Soffy New Member

Dec 10, 2021
    France
    Thanks a lot :)

4. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Can't beat some "Innovative knob geometry"

They do look rather good - are they much different on the road? I've had no real problem with the Metzelers

5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I liked the Metzelers initially but when Winter arrived I had a few heart stopping moments with them on cold wet roads when they were about 2/3 worn. I did a bit of homework and decided to try the Pirellis and I got on really well with them in all road conditions. Dual sport tyres will never be as good on road as pure road tyres but I like them on the Street Scrambler. I've done a couple of very mild green lanes and they're good for that too if the fancy takes you. On a more sports focused machine they wouldn't even be on the list but the SS is hardly that right? Given my biking history I'm still at a loss as to why I like it so much! Buying another to replace the one which was stolen wasn't even in question. :grinning:

Edit.....forgot to add the only "con" I found with them was they gave more road noise on tarmac than the Metzeters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I'll certainly consider them when the time comes.

My road riding is definitely a lot more restrained than it was in years gone by so on the limit adhesion isn't an issue, and so far my limit on green lanes has come far sooner than the bike's or the tyres'!

7. Patcon7

Patcon7 New Member

Jun 23, 2021
    Virginia, United states
    What did you end up getting and how did it go? My OEMs are just about done.

8. Patcon7

Patcon7 New Member

Jun 23, 2021
    Virginia, United states
    I just don't get off-road as much as I'd like, so I'm now considering the Continental trail attack 3s. Does anyone have experience with these?

9. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    The Conti's certainly look like the more road biased of the dual sport tyres available but let's be honest, even the more off road biased are still only good for dry fire tracks and gravel/ dust terrain. When the going gets wet and slippery they're pretty useless. You could probably get as much grip off-road in the dry with 100% road biased tyres as with dual sports IMO but they will be more prone to damage.

• Like Like x 1