Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

New Tyres For Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Chester Monty, Apr 17, 2017.

1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi TC it wasn't your group I bumped into going south through the Creuse at Genouillac today, was it? A group of about 8 bikes, some of them Triumphs.

2. darkman

darkman Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome, for me its not all about finding the limit of a road tyre but the feel and confidence a tyre gives me as a rider, tyre technology has changed vastly over the years i have been riding to the point you now even have a choice of profile as well as compounds, for me today's choice of tyres are a very easy and cheep way to improve the handling and feel of a bike :)

3. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Welcome 1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Nope not us.
    We were down near Montpellier until Monday, but now sat watching the rain in the Dordogne.....
    Time to hit the bar I think....

5. andyc1

andyc1 The Young One
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Wee update on the Michelin power RS. done about 2500 miles on them and probably another 1000 at most left in them. I'm happy at that, great tyre in the dry and ok in the wet but the m7rr felt better in the wet. Considering that i got over twice the mileage I got out of the supercorsas and rosso corsas I'd say all Good!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I must be driving like an angel!
    I got 6,000 on the factory fitted Supercorsas and still had tread left in them before swapping them out with Michelin Road Pilot 4s due to a large puncture in my rear. My local Triumph says it is unusual for them to last past 4,000 miles

7. Gled

Gled Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I've put 1500 miles on my new Speed and I can already feel the rear tyre squaring off with normal road use (including running-in).

Supercorsas are great but longevity is compromised for grip. I'm looking for something with more of a sport/road bias.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Gled

8. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Noble Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    On that note Gled, l just replaced a punctured Metzeler with a Pirelli Angel. Not used it yet but l'll report back in due course. :)

• Like Like x 1