New Tyres For My Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Chris Wise, May 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    My trusted Pirelli scorpion tyres need replacing on my 2013 Tiger 800..Everyone tell me to put the Michelin Pilot road 4 trail tyres on .Being told they are a vast improvement on the scorpion tyre .I only ride on the road (no off road )and most of that is done touring Europe ( Lock Down willing ) .What the general feeling on this ,go for the Pilots or stay with the trusted scorpions

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well all I can tell you is this :

My last bike was a Tracer 700 - a bike similar to the Tiger 800 and I did 15,500 kms (original tyres) on her before she was sold. There was still perhaps 200 kms life left in the tyres.

My use with this bike was daily rides plus a 2,000 kms trip down to Spain and many 800 kms trips.

She was shod with Pilot Road 4's and I found them to be comfortable and safe in all conditions - I would fit them again without a seconds hesitation

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    The pr4's are such an improvement over pirelli scorpions because the michelins are an out and out road tyre and if all you want to do is stay on road it's a no brainer,i had them on one of my tiger 800's and a zzr1400 with over twice the bhp so nothing more to say really.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Thanks ,think I give the Pilots a try

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Let us know how you get on, I’ve got the scorpion 2’s on my ‘12 roadie again as I liked them so much, but then I’ve not used much else, probably got 12000 Miles out of my last set.

• Like Like x 1