Featured New Triumph

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rooster, Oct 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    IMG_0888.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That looks cool,is it just a special?

3. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    No it's a new model released today. More info on the triumph web site.

4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Absolutely stunning :cool::cool: !! Front wheel looks BIG to lift the front end rear's been dropped, seat looks to
    be on springs perhaps, Jez is correct that style looks familiar and will definitely catch on. :D:D lol
    built by Triumph designed by Many ;);):p:p

5. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Just got back from the launch, they look nice and sound fairly good on std pipes, but not really my sort of thing.
    They had Carl Fogarty and Freddie Spencer, among others, doing drag race demo's on them :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Looks nice. I like it!!

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That looks nice and it has the new 1200cc motor in it - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:):)

• Like Like x 1
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Yup, didn't even have to drive as Bulldog's laid on a minibus to take us there.
    Got some pics, which I'll put up later, but no reg no's as they didn't have plates on :D

9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    FB_IMG_1476950351655.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Real old school looks suits it, hence its name :rolleyes: single disc on front wheel albeit a bloody big one !!
    LOOKS WELL

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    and i was thinking it must have had an old school spring under the seat for the rear suspension..nice.not sure on the exhaust it might look better upswept at the same angle as the seat

12. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    That looks a right horny bitch that would give you the ride of a lifetime. Real badass ..... I want one :cool:

13. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    If it's got a single front disc and the 1200cc motor, that's not a great combo, imo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wow! What a proper lump O' tackle!! Looks like it'll put any Harley to shame! Nice that it's British name !!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    I LOVE THIS!! although I wouldn't want it as my only bike, would be great to have it in the garage tho :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    what the press say

The Bobber is the second recent addition to the Bonneville range following the new T100, which was revealed a couple of weeks ago at Intermot.

The Bobber uses Bonneville T120’s liquid-cooled, eight-valve, SOHC high-torque 1200cc engine. Triumph hasn’t revealed any power figures yet but has told us the engine features a new dual-chamber airbox. The engine has been given a ‘bobber tune’ for this bike, meaning it’s got more low down torque than the T120. Triumph hasn’t released any power figures yet but we expect outright horsepower to remain unchanged at 79hp

[​IMG]

The Bobber also features a new slash-cut exhaust system, which Triumph says is shorter and lighter than the T120’s. The bike was ridden into the presentation by Carl Fogarty and much like the rest of the Bonnevilles, it sounded good.

A few nice touches include the carb-styled twin throttle bodies and the battery box. The ignition barrel also sits on the right side of the bike.

The engine is housed in a brand-new frame, which is also joined by new suspension courtesy of new forks which features bespoke damping for this bike. Being a bobber, this is a hard tail bike although the adjustable floating seat sits on top of a cantiliever spring.

The seat can be adjusted forwards and backwards, and up and down to adjust the ride position. In its lowest position its 690mm high. The single clock can also be tilted forwards and backwards.

[​IMG]

Like the rest of the bikes in the Bonneville range, although the Bobber might look retro, it features a host of modern touches including ABS, a ride-by-wire throttle and switchable traction control, a torque assist clutch and two riding modes – road and wet. The rear light, indicator and number plate light are all LED.

It’s rolling on Avon Cobra tyres, developed specifically for this bike.

Looks-wise, it’s classic bobber, as you’d rightly exlect from Triumph, which says this bike has ‘peerless authenticity’. To that end, it’s got the typical single bobber seat, stripped back looks, a hard rear end and wide, flat bars.

Triumph says it’s for people that want a modern classic with a bit more attitude and it’s aiming to tempt people who might be looking at bikes like the Harley-Davidson Sportster Forty-Eight or Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber.

It will be available in four colours – ‘Modello Red’, ‘Ironstone’, ‘Jet Black’ and ‘Competition Green and Frozen Silver’.

Pricing will be revealed in December and it’ll be available early next year.

[​IMG]

New Triumph Bonneville, Triumph Bonneville Bobber, New Triumph Bonneville Bobber, Triumph Bonneville Bobber 2017, Triumph Motorcycles 2017, New Triumph Motorcycle

• Like Like x 1
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent

• Like Like x 3
  18. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    Thanks for that Wayne, this is not my first choice of bike style, but the thing that captures me is the absolute perfect appearance of first class engineering, the engine and exhaust finish is superb, Triumph are really becoming world leaders with their range of modern bikes and advanced technology.
    I won't be buying one, but am looking forward to seeing one for real.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    pity he didn't take it round some twisty roads..maybe he wasn't allowed,it will be interesting to find out how comfy the seat is after a days ride

20. AGS5150

AGS5150 New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Warwickshire
    Looks and sounds delicious. Probably going to be rather pricey, however....