Trophy New ( To Me ) 94 Trophy Project

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Oldyam, Aug 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Well I bit the bullet at last, and now am the proud (ish) owner of a 94 Trophy 900 in green.

Having now had chance to further evaluate the work that's needed to make it roadworthy, to my standards !
    It never ceases to amaze me as to the state a bike is in, and yet people are still prepared to put their lives at risk. I did a very, very short round the block ride to verify everything worked and then put it in the trailer. I should have taken more notice as the guy I got it from left it on Prime and I ended up with a trailer full of petrol 400 miles later.

I intend to make the bike safe and run it for a few months to thoroughly check it all out before I strip it for rebuild as a CRK Roadster.

The list of what I have found so far

RHS fork seal leaking badly
    RHS brake caliper very oily
    RHS Brake pads and disk well oiled
    Rear Brake pads below minimum
    Drive chain tight as a bow string ( on either stand and on wheels )
    Front tyre 11 years old ( hard as concrete )
    Rear tyre 13 years old ( didn't think anything could be harder than the front but oh well ..... )
    Speedo cable broken outer and taped together ( insulation tape )
    Front indicators repaired with insulation tape
    Various wiring repairs looking very tatty

So I have some work to do starting with a service and Fork oil seals.
    Is it possible to remove the seals without stripping the fork leg ?
    Drive chain I'll readjust and check
    And replace the tyres, any reccomendations of what particularly suits the trophy ? other wise I'll start with Bridgestones as the tyres are the same sizes as on my R1100RT.

And the fuel tap knob on here item 3 is listed twice is one a colour option as its not clear to me

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/trium...block_01=&block_02=304679-2-2&block_03=132279

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along but this is my starting point