New To Forum...an Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bowman, May 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bowman

Bowman New Member

May 10, 2018
    Hereford, AZ
    Hello from S/E AZ. Been in motorcycles for decades. Owned a Triumph Trident in about 1971. Have owned many bikes, but been in Harley cruisers for past 15 years. Wanted a change and a lighter bike so I sold the Harley and bought a 2012 Bonneville T-100 a few days ago. Pristine condition with 4950 miles. I love it, but miss a little more aggressive sounding exhaust. Any advice on obtaining a little more rumble, without breaking the bank, would be appreciated. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    Take a look at cocktail shakers :cool:
    Everyone will love them and want to be your friend :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hello mate and welcome.

I think that most Bonneville owners have come from bigger bikes. Assume it's an age thing and needing something a little easier to manhandle. It was for me.

I gave mine a bit more rumble, well quite a lot actually, with a used set of Norman Hyde toga pipes. They still make me smile every time I start the bike.

4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome to the forum from another US member! You'll find plenty of good information and laughs on this site. First, there are a bunch of videos on YouTube showing exhausts for Bonnies. I'd start there, so you can hear them first hand (some sound great and some are horrible). I don't know what your budget looks like, but you can take a look at the following:

https://gassercustoms.com/

https://britishcustoms.com/

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Warning: "Fitting of the cocktail shaker style of exhaust may result in the loss of a critical fuse used in the starting process of the bike" :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum. :)
    There are a lot of choices for after market Bonneville exhausts. (assuming you can get some of them in Arizona!)

You have Triumph's own TORS exhausts (which I have on my SE). Not as loud as some - they are a straight through pipe with no baffles but with sound insulation. (this does burn off in time and they get louder). Slightly louder on tick-over and at low revs than stock but growl nicely when opened up.
    Norman Hyde or Dunstall TOGAS. Had these on my old T100 - straight through pipe, no baffles (but a standard one can be fitted, held in place by one small bolt). Great sound, popping on deceleration and occasional back-fire. Big fun for a while IMPO but a droning pain in the *rse on long journeys!
    Arrow - nice but very pricey!
    TEC bike parts - very good on price and some swear by them - but others swear at them due to poor build quality.
    Good range on ebay from Classic Bike Shop. Had a set on the T100. Good quality and a great sound and all for just over £100.00! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Welcome Brother and good luck on your decision. There is a lot of experience here for you to seek out.