Tiger 800 New To 800

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Tallpaul, Nov 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Hi guys, Paul here, from Kidderminster UK. I have a Speed Twin bought new this May, we have put 5000 on the clock after a tour of The Netherlands, Spain and all over UK.

Wife and I have decided to add an 800 for touring. We have been looking for an up to 3 years old model with full Triumph luggage. We are viewing an 18 plater tomorrow, which I guess is a 17 model with pre tft dash.

Are there any nasties I should be aware of on this model?

TIA

2. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Yes don't get the triumph luggage,it's real big too heavy and crap,unless the panniers are expedition one's because they are made by GIVI which are far better quality and if you are only using it for the road AVOID the one with the 21" front wheel,skinny tyre follows all the ruts in the road and has inner tubes,so go for the xr's not xc's.Iv'e had 4 800's and 1 of them was an xc[big mistake for road use] With triumph there is no middle ground they either make a real shonker or a gem and the 800 is a real good bike with no issues,just don't put fully synthetic oil in it otherwise it will drink it,they run great on semi synthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Thanks Gaz, very useful info.

4. mim

mim New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Brighton
    My other half loves the Tiger 800, were now on our third one!. We tried the Tiger 1050 but she found the hand holds too low for her, so a test ride is critical so she's comfortable.

I'd also suggest prioritising good service history over mileage, i regularly ride them over 20k miles, no problem