New T120 wheels & tyres

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Drummer, Mar 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Does anyone have any info as to whether the new 2016 T120 will have wire wheels WITH inner tubes or will they move into the 21st century and offer tubeless tyres.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just had another look on the Triumph site and I would say they are the same as before ie tubed tyres fitment.

3. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Hi thanks for your comments although it does not tell me anything.
    I am new to the forum but noticed that "thebiglad" has many entries. Do you get points for this??
    Please be aware that "we all look at the Triumph web site", and if it does not tell us anything "conclusive" I assume the idea of the "forum" is to get some "inside" information, other that just looking at the web site gives.
    Hopefully no offence will be taken but please accept that most members of a forum like this WILL KNOW the obvious information.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Drummer, for me your response is a bit strong. Neither of us have seen the bike you're referring to in the flesh but I have owned the previous model and the wheels appear to me to be the same. That being the case the T120 will only work with tubed tyres.

I try always to help people but without telling them what to do.

Please note I am exercising restraint.

5. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Sorry, but no offence intended.
    I am trying to get some inside information and hope someone from Triumph, or their dealers will add comment, and if your answer is, as it is, then I want them to get the message that we don't want to get punctures in "Tubed Tyres" in the future. Lets move on to tubeless tyres, other manufacturers with wire spoked wheels can offer tubeless tyres.
    I trust all agree that getting a puncture in a back wheel with inner tube is a real ball-ache and should be avoidable if manufacturers are given strong feedback.

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    In all fairness these things have just come out and chances are you'll know more than us since your researching them and the bulk of us are probably happy with the older Bonneville. But everything will come around when there is enough interest.