New T120 And Hagon Shocks?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Alectron, Feb 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alectron

Alectron Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    I'm thinking about changing for Hagon or something and wondering if anyone has done so?
    While the bike's performance is good I do think adjustable gas shock's might be a an improvement.
    What do you think?
    Comments appreciated.
    Cheers A

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alectron.
    When I had my T120 I phoned Hagon and spoke to them. They actually said when the bike was released they though won't get many sales there as the shock looked good. Then they said how disappointed they were with the lack of compression and return. The supplied me with the stainless shocks progressive springs. And what a change in the bike instead of drifting in corners it tucked right in there. Worth the phone call. But maybe I am biased as every bike I have had and its been a few I have always fitted Hagons As I feel assured they listen to me and what I want.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

3. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    My order has been delayed as they have not any parts and are machining some. I have been informed that it may be ready next month, just in time for when I collect my bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Hi. I’ve fitted Hagon 2810 rears to my T120. I phoned them and ‘customised’ my order. In my case 1cm shorter, black springs and set up for a fat bastard. Very helpful. Springs arrived 3 days later. Fitted them myself. I used my wife’s hairdryer to lose the ugly stickers. Impression so far is they have been an improvement but will know better come the spring. Could have gone for more expensive nitros but I suspect they would overkill for me and are near twice as much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Shame about that, I've bought the nitro's, it's only moneyo_Oo_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Murdo

Murdo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Leyburn; UK
    I have the Nitros (second hand so not expensive ;))

Hagon are superb in their customer service and replaced the spring for the correct rate even though I did not buy from them.

The damping on the Nitros is heavy giving a firm ride even on the lowest damping setting. They feel suitable for "spirited" riding but lose some of the comfort that the standard shocks are set up for. I guess you need to decide which type of riding you do most of (and be honest with yourself)

• Like Like x 1
  7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Might be the springs you have are a little too strong.

I played around a lot with damping and different springs with the Nitros on my Newchurch .
    As well as firm on strong springs, it can get VERY bouncy on a too light spring . :p:rolleyes:
    Once I found the right spring, it was spot on

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Don't forget that springs do settle a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alectron

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    Many thanks for that, a big help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    Be aware that some insurance companies are hiking their premiums if you declare the replacement shocks, happened tom me on my T100, and I know of others who have had the same experience. Apparently they class replacement shocks as a performance upgrade!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alectron

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    Ouch, never thought of that, thanks, I think!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Bikesure have a sensible attitude to modifications and multibike policies. More mainstream companies lose the plot eventually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Alectron

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    Good to know!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Philip Clark

Philip Clark New Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Germany
    I’ve fitted Protech rear shocks on my T120 and it transformed it. I’ve fitted them on a number of my classic race bikes and, whilst I’m no Valentino Rossi, cannot fault them and rate them as good as some twice the price (I think there’s a massive amount of marketing hype/££££££). I ring them up and they build them especially for me. The T120 needed huge bushes but they made them for no extra money. Absolutely top people. Take a look - https://protechshocks.co.uk/protech-shocks-400-series-single-adjustable-bonded-bush-1-9-i-d/

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Alectron

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    That's a great option and a useful link. Many thanks.