New T100 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jalapeenoz, Apr 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jalapeenoz

Jalapeenoz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Illinois, US
    Greetings from the heartland, Illinois! Just took possession of a 2010 T100 yesterday. Even more beautiful in person than pictures. I just started riding three years ago on my first bike, a 1980 Honda CM400. It was fine to learn on and use around town, but I wanted something a little bigger and more powerful to take on longer trips, interstates, etc.

First impression, umm WOW! Everything is much more responsive than what I've been used to. Plenty of grunt seems to be on tap from any rpm in any gear. I have to be much more delicate with the throttle and brakes. I have to laugh when I read reviews about bikes only having one disc brake on front and rear. My Honda has drum brakes on front and rear. Yes, let that sink in for a moment.

Took a short 25-30 mile ride yesterday when I got it. Fired right up with no choke adjustment. I will need to get used to the additional size and weight, riding dynamics, and responsiveness, but I'm sure that will not take much time. The deep throaty, yet peaceful exhaust note is great. Love everything about the bike except for the seat, which feels like sitting on a 2x8, and the foldable foot pegs. Is that natural for all of these bikes? It's a little unsettling when I go to shift and the foot peg moves.

Here is a pic. It only has 2500 miles on it. Previous owner brought it into a Triumph dealer in Des Moines every year for service, but apparently didn't ride it much. Dealer finally convinced him to sell it to them. Looks like the only things he added were a rear grab rail and a center stand (yay!). I put some inexpensive Viking bags on it. Not sure I like the way I had to mount them, but they look ok for now and should do for a while.

Cheers mates!

Bike.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello Jalapeenoz.

gump (1).gif

• Like Like x 3
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Jalapeenoz :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jalapeenoz

Jalapeenoz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Illinois, US
    Is there a way (modification or aftermarket) to make it so the foot pegs (the part your heel rests on) can't fold upward?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Jalapeenoz and welcome to the forum :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jalapeenoz
    Welcome to the family. Great intro and smashing picture of the steed. The inmates love black bikes one of the favourite colours. Not sure I follow your question. As my 2010 bonnie footrests fold up.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jalapeenoz

Jalapeenoz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Illinois, US
    Hi Joe

Thanks for the compliment on the bike. My foot pegs fold up too and I understand why, but it has impacted my ability to shift smoothly (so far) and I was wondering if there was a modification or aftermarket solution to keep them stationary and not fold up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jalapeenoz

Jalapeenoz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Illinois, US
    Nevermind. Im an idiot. Thr pegs moved on my Honda also, but they are so stiff I never realized! The distance from heel to toe is also just slightly longer on the Bonnie. I will adjust. We're still early in our relationship!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    hi and welcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jamie Jamieson

Jamie Jamieson New Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Cheltenham
    Congratulations, gorgeous bike, sounds like a good buy. I've been riding my 2006 T100 since I bought it new in Tulsa (from a dealer putting on a fire sale before it went bust) and still love it. It needs some encouragement to fire up in winter - it was the last year with carburetors - but has never let me down. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seventh Gear

Seventh Gear New Member

Apr 20, 2021
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Looks lovely. You snagged something good. Enjoy and be safe!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Beautiful bike! Welcome to the forum. Ride safe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Greetings and welcome to the forum, Jalapeenoz, and to the world of Triumph! You'll find lots of other Bonnie riders here. Hope you enjoy that new bike. As you said, I'm sure you will acclimate to it and learn to love it very quickly. Enjoy the forum!

TTF welcome.png

• Like Like x 1