New Scorpion For The 2019 Rs

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by spony, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    You must be rich or saved up your pocket money for a long time...

3. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    I can confirm that no remap is required as I have the first one of these. The bike on the Scorpion web site is mine. They borrowed it off me at the end of September to develop it. Due to poor weather not been out on it a lot but it sounds amazing and runs absolutely fine.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

I can't speak highly enough of Scorpion exhaust systems. They aren't cheap but the quality & development that goes into their products is second to none!

I've had silencers made by Scorpion on several bikes. They were always great quality but the noise they made was (occasionally) too much at motorway speeds.

Myself & Mrs DD have a full stainless Scorpion system on our MX-5. Whomever designed it is a genius! At tickover the exhaust note barely sounds any different to the standard system. At around town speeds it's noticable but still very subtle. In top gear at motorway speeds (even with the roof down) it still isn't intrusive.

However, when the car gets nailed through the gears. The sound it makes is simply gorgeous! Complete with a few pops & crackles on the over-run. You get a full fire breathing track car soundtrack, but only when you want it :)

I reckon they must employ acoustic engineers & piano tuners as well as fabricators?

All of that for approx £600. It looks fantastic as well & it should never rust or need replacing :)

• Like Like x 5