New Rs Soon I Hope!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Clarkey231, Mar 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    I work in the oil and gas industry and for the last 3 years we’ve had 5 months with no work over the winter.

I had to bite the bullet and put my speed triple up for sale. The dealers round here offered me the same so sold it privately, went after one day! A lad I got talking to at bridge in Exeter said he liked the bike and wanted one like it. Didn’t think much of it as wasn’t for sale then. Anyway advertised it on Auto trader, he saw it and the deal was done!

Anyway that’s sorted my little cash flow problem and when work kicks off again in April I’ll be straight in to order the RS, can’t wait!

Was very sad to sell but needs must.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi C231 that sucks man sorry to hear. Hopefully when work picks up in April it stays there and you can look forward to and enjoy the new RS !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Cheers Angus,

Ha I shed a tear today as I passed the fella who bought mine today too!!

Shame for him as it was one of those short but very heavy showers we seem to get now.

Things are defo on the up so I will be down the dealer in the not to distant future!

4. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Made it to the dealers before the snow got to bad and they are getting the RS in next week. Test ride as soon as its in, can't wait!

5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    It's all good buddy. It just goes to show that you have your priorities right :). I have sold my bikes in the past to support the family and gone through couple of summers with no ride. But I always ended up with a better newer models ;)

Just hang in there buddy and like you said....soon you will be at the dealers ordering your new RS ;). You will be perfectly fine brother :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Cheers Dude.

I’ve just passed my HGV licence so will be doing that on a temporary basis until my main job starts again.

Thank god the snow has gone at last, weather looks pretty good for all you boys with bikes!

• Like Like x 1