New Regulations For Batteries With Separate Acid Packs.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by steve lovatt, Jul 3, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've just seen this "advert" from Halfords:

Don't know how you're supposed to know about the change in the law but worth knowing as I have bought batteries before with separate acid packs. Quite who enforces it is anybodies guess and it may be nothing to worry about as most suppliers will presumably stop selling them (like Halfords).

"From July 1st 2018, the law around motorcycle batteries is changing. After this date, anyone wishing to buy a motorcycle battery with a separate acid pack will require an Explosives, Precursors and Poisons (EPP) Licence, costing £39.50. Purchasing acid packs without a licence will be illegal and could incur a fine. To keep things simple for you, we will no longer sell batteries with separate acid packs after July 1st. Instead, we will only stock pre-filled motorcycle batteries from Yuasa - the leading motorcycle battery brand. You won't need a licence to buy these pre-filled batteries and they come fully charged, ready to fit."

2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #3 Havit, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    The way Health and safety is going you would need the same Cert for a box of matches :pensive:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sounds like Big Brother trying to look out for us again!

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My big brother didn’t give a toss about me! Sounds to me like some collar and tie w*,Ker sat in a sh*tty little office trying to justify his job

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    "MATCHES !!!!!!!!!!" - are you mad ??

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Don't think this is much to do with health and safety more to do with being able to buy acid.Limiting outlets for such products.So the nutters out there can't use it to disfigure someone they don't like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    It's not your health and safety the new regulations have in mind mate, but rather that battery acid has been used as a weapon of choice by certain types of scum. Too many scooter hooligans in London throwing acid in unsuspecting folks' faces, amongst other nasty types doing similar, for the law to ignore them I'm afraid. Hence new regulations.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    The way its going you wont be able to but a bottle of Domestos to clean the karsy soon!