Featured New Norman Hyde Pipes

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Rudeboy, Oct 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    New classic look Hyde pipes fitted earlier today not over loud with the baffles in deeper tone if anything. IMG_5840.JPG IMG_5833.JPG IMG_5837.JPG IMG_5841.JPG IMG_5841.JPG IMG_5841.JPG IMG_5841.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Very, very nice indeed!

Curly

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Cheers Curly I don't understand why there are duplicates of the last pic I only uploaded it once honest Admin I did try to delete but to no avail

4. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Looking great Nick, a very traditional look, spot on mate.

5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Cheers Dave
    A very easy job had to drill the hole a taj for the mute screws to fit but other than that very pleased these are modified as the mounting bracket on the pipe to footpeg is now fixed welded and finished in the same chrome as they had some issues with earlier ones not fitting clearing swinging arm
    HBS 505 if anyone needs part number

6. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Very nice! Quick two questions:
    1) Do they cover the back wheel nut? The originals did, which means that if you want to torque them properly, you need to take them off;
    2) Are they compatible with a centre stand?

Lovely bike, by the way, I like your discreet but effective mods. :)

7. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi and thanks for the positive comments the rear axle nuts are easily accessible with these on removal not required to torque and this kit is compatible with centre stand as they come with a bracket and a bolt to fit onto the left pipe comes with instructions all that's needed is you fit the original rubber bung into this bracket easy job

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Very nice Nick. Much classier look than the megaphone style.

Bikes looking great. Loving those 412s.

JJ

9. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Cheers Jj,
    As you probably guessed I like to play around with stuff looked at arrow but was not sure about the looks one thing that put me off was the arrow decal on the end can the 412 Progressive shocks I managed to get off Evilbay for a very good price
    love the megaphone look modern classic style.

10. Matthew Woodhall

Matthew Woodhall Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Looks awesome. Do they do them in black do you know?

Are they very loud without the baffle?

11. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Getting there now Rudeboy.
    Looks ace!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi Matthew,
    yes they do them in black heres the link https://normanhyde.co.uk/2009-classic-silencer-pair-3834.html
    Not overloud without the baffle until you wind the throttle open then it done me head in so baffle in for me nice deep tone and louder than the tors I had on there but not over the top like

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Best look for the Bonneville them pipes, always loved the look.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DJ Burnage

DJ Burnage New Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Chesterfield
    Beautiful mate

15. Mischa Vladivostok

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    You used the original down pipes, right?

Also, if at any stage you can find a bit of time, could I ask you for a side photo, perfectly aligned with the bike (i.e. not at an angle)? I really am tempted by these, but want to be certain that my torque wrench will reach the rear nut (I've a bit of a monstrous wrench).
    Much appreciated!

16. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Sure thing im putting some rear footpeg deletes on later today I will mock something up so it shows the access to the rear axle nut the front headers are stock not changed if you have the T100 the pies are different ie the angle where the slip on attaches they also do a pipe to fit this and in black or chrome the hangar bracket on the pipe is now fixed welded as they had some issues with the earlier ones not clearing the swing arm these ones have plenty of clearance.

17. Mischa Vladivostok

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
  18. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi I reckon if yours is a T 100 then it may not clear the rear axle nut however its only a five minuite job to slide the pipe off to torque that rear axle up adjust chain or clean rear wheel I regularly remove the pipes to do these things heres a few side on shots paddock stand also clears these pipes too :)

IMG_5862.JPG

IMG_5864.JPG

IMG_5863.JPG

IMG_5865.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Mischa Vladivostok

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    That's brilliant, exactly what I wanted to see! Thank you so much for those, much appreciated.

20. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    No worries happy to help there Ive had many different pipes over the years on different bikes but I have to say for looks and sound with a perfect finish these are the best they do come with a bit of a price tag I agree BTW Im not a salesman for Mr Hyde :)