New Motorbike Show.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by David Cooper, Jul 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

It's back. A brand new series of The Motorbike Show starts on ITV at 9pm on Wednesday 21st July. Featuring a rather special restoration project, with expert assistance from Sam Lovegrove and Allen Millyard

217410121_4673696185978550_5449637667119472577_n.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
    • Useful Useful x 5
  2. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Great stuff, i do enjoy that show.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looks like a great show, @David Cooper! Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea what station might air this in the U.S?

4. David Cooper

Subscriber

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Watched the last series, definitely worth a watch :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Can’t wait to what millyard conjures up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I really like the show but find the presenter just a little bit irritating - kind of like Baldrick on acid.

Shall still watch and enjoy. Have never seen a film, watched the news or been a fan of a TV show because of an actor or presenter being associated with it. Not sure why they paid so much. Especially news readers - I mean wtf, they read a teleprompter and get paid a fortune.

Rant over :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Ha. Get that.

I used to find him quite annoying until I got that for him it was all about the people, the places and the journey, and the motorbike was an enabler for those rather than the end goal. It's not about the bike, it's about what the bike has allowed him to do.

I didn't like the fact that he seemed to like all bikes until that point, but when I realised that any bike could make those experiences possible, it makes sense.

If you look at all of the video reviews of the 2019 Street Twin and Street Scrambler abound Portugal, most reviews are talking engine outputs, suspension changes, ergonomics, emissions, consumption etc. Henry's review is a potter round describing how lovely the local Portuguese and Spanish villages are that he's riding through and how the Triumph is a perfectly acceptable and enjoyable steed for that journey. You learn more about the churches than you do about the bike.

If you get the chance, his book is well worth a read, he has quite a back story so isn't simply a caricature created for television

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CXXVP3W/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    That's the best description of Mr Cole I've come across. I know we've discussed it on here before and I wish the show every success, but I honestly can't listen to him for any length of time

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    He was a news cameraman apparently and one of the bike ride shows I watched was back in somewhere like Bosnia or similar and he was quite moved by the experience of going back there. I find him a bit irritating to watch sometimes but admire how he blags a ride on some pretty nice bikes that wouldn’t ordinarily be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes, he has a somewhat colourful past if a little silver spooned (but he can't help that). Seeing him as the archetypal British eccentric helps me to tolerate him, and we all need more bikes on tv. He certainly doesn't just sit on his arse in his country manor, got his finger in all sorts of pies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cole_(presenter)
    Allen Millyard is an absolute hero, as is Sam - seen him out and about a few times, lives in my neck of the woods.

A nice little game to play whilst watching his programs, count how many times he uses his favourite words in each episode, those being - quintessential, eclectic (and probably one or two more I can't recall at the moment) :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #13 Dave49, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    After quintessential and eclectic, the other one is "that's what mo'orcycling is all about".

• Like Like x 2
  14. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    He like to call everyone 'Mate' currently.

Alfie

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    'Now look, right'

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Mine has been talking non-stop for 3 hours about this and that - excruciating and irrelevant details. I walked out the room but don’t think she’s noticed.

My tales of the day lasted 30 seconds (much like most other things I do with her).

I have genuinely no idea what she’s said…

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    I’m glad and it’s a well put together program. His book is worth a read.

18. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Telly needs more programmes about motorbikes!! Ok we're probably not gonna get ' em so let's enjoy this one.
    Can see that Henry is not everyone's cup of tea, but for me I think he's sound. Met him at the NEC once and reckon he's a genuinely nice bloke.
    And those who have said to have a read of his book, yes I agree well worth a few quid and a bit of reading time

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#19 Cyborgbot, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021
    My comments about him be irritating and sounding like Baldric on acid were meant in a benevolent and endearing way.

Anyone that likes bikes is ok with me (exceptions and exclusions permitted).

• Like Like x 5
  20. David Cooper

Subscriber

You can call me a sad old git, but I love the other series he does,
    called Shed and buried:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1