New(ish) Polaris 50amp Series Regulator 4016868 And Moto-electrical Versions

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mark Balmer, May 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Balmer

Mark Balmer Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Chepstow
    #1 Mark Balmer, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Hello all,

Polaris REGULATOR-3PH,50A,SERIES,HISPD
    Part no: 4016868

I have been looking at fitting a Shindingen SH847. While investigating alternatives, because I dropped my toast when I saw the price of the Shindengen, I came across a Polaris rectifier. It is a series rectifier, it is rated at 50a, it uses the same plugs as the SH847 and is slightly smaller. Seems ideal. The interweb doesn't reveal anyone fitting them to Triumph bikes (one ref to a Tiger 800 but no details) but they are considered an upgrade by the Kawa Versys community.

The reason I am interested is:
    1. I have a Triumph link lead
    2. They are waaaay cheaper than the SH847 from Suzuki or Ricks.

I would also be interested in any opinions on Moto-electrical 50a Series rectifiers that are replacements for the OEM Polaris one. They have two listed, a no name and a RMStator CNC one. They both claim Series benefits giving cooler stators.

Anyone fitted either/any or know anyone that has?

*** Note: this is not a Shindengen SH775. That is Polaris p/n 4012941 and is rated at 35a ***

2. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    This is interesting. What is the price, is it less than the old 775 ?

3. Mark Balmer

Mark Balmer Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Chepstow
    On polaris parts uk the SH775 which is REGULATOR-3PH,35A,SERIES 105c 4012941 is £243
    and the
    REGULATOR-3PH,50A,SERIES,HISPD 4016868 is £134. I have seen it for £125 on another UK site.

So it appears significantly cheaper. At least from Polaris. It would be good to know who the manufacturer is.

4. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    I bought a 775 (marked Shindengen) from a Polaris vendor a few years ago as recommended by d'ecosse of this parish. The price then was about £80. It would seem to have gone up a lot.

5. Mark Balmer

Mark Balmer Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Chepstow
    I just did a quick search for the prices. They are much cheaper in then USA.
    Can you remember which vendor?

6. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    It was a Polaris dealer in N.Ireland in the Antrim area. I have the receipt but I'm immobilised after a knee replacement so can't dig it out atm. Sorry

7. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    Oh, the irony. Got a friend to take my Tiger for it's MOT. He got half way there and the effin machine stopped with a dead battery.

8. Mark Balmer

Mark Balmer Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Chepstow
    That is bad luck. With regard to the price of the SH775, you did well to get in early as according to the interweb loads of people started buying them as replacements for their bikes shunt regulator so Polaris hiked the price.

Heres hoping the dead battery is an easy fix.