New Ferry To Norway From Holland

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Bikerman, Nov 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Markus

Markus Noble Member
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Thank you for your information!
    Unfortunately, I can not use the ferry, because I had to realize in the course of a 2-hour crossing from TALLINN to HELSINKI that both my wife and I are not seaworthy. After about 45 minutes at sea I would have had enough. o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'd seen that. It sails 2,5 hours ride from me. If I wanted to go to Scandinavia that would chop a big chunk of motorways off my trip.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    That's my thinking too, pain on the arse having to go through Germany and Denmark just to get to the ferry port in Northern Denmark. I'll definatly consider this as an option.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    From my house to Hirtshals is roughly 950 boring kilometres. depending on where you got the ferry to mainland Europe to that could add on several hundred more.

From Hoek van Holland to Hirtshals is about 1050 kilometres, to Eemshaven is roughly 300. You'd knock off a good 700.

That would save you a bit of fuel, and as an added bonus you disembark in Kristiansand well rested.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Plus the cost of a couple of B&B's, and the petrol too. Been waiting for the Newcastle Bergen route to open up again. Doubt that will ever happen again.:sob::sob:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That was a nice one - I did it years ago from Bergen to Newcastle having delivered a yacht to Flam in Sognefjorden. Great train ride from Flam to Bergen .

• Like Like x 1