765 New Daytona 765 Announcement From Triumph

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Adie P, Jul 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Anybody care to guess the likely price tags? ;)

This from the other forum that I'm on ..........

Its now official.

Dear Dealer Colleague,

THE EMBARGO HAS BEEN LIFTED ON ALL DAYTONA 765 COMMUNICATIONS - PLEASE SEE FULL INFO BELOW

As you will have seen as part of our exclusive with MCN, following overwhelmingly positive customer demand, we are pleased to confirm Triumph has introduced a Limited Edition new generation of the legendary, multiple Supersport Championship-winning Daytona, which will be officially revealed at a special press event at the GoPro British Grand Prix at Silverstone on Friday 23rd August 2019.

Ahead of the launch taking place in August, Triumph has teased the launch by releasing a sketch of the Limited Edition bike via its social media channels.

New Daytona Moto2TM 765 Limited Edition Highlights:

New Daytona Moto2TM 765 Limited Edition, each one individually numbered

Highest ever power and torque from its new Moto2TM-derived 765cc
    triple engine
    Highest ever specification and rider technology
    Precision-perfect, championship-winning chassis
    First ever official Moto2TM Dorna Sports.SL licenced motorcycle
    Limited run with only 765 for Europe and Asia, and 765 for the US and Canada.

The new Daytona Moto2TM 765 Limited Edition represents a unique partnership with the FIM MotoGPTM World Championship and two versions will be available, one for Europe and Asia, and one for the US and Canada. Both feature a new Moto2TM derived 765cc triple engine inside a championship-winning sports-focused chassis, delivering the highest power and torque ever from a production 765cc, plus the highest specification of equipment ever, and a limited edition race paint scheme.

Reflecting Triumph’s position as the exclusive engine supplier to the Moto2TM class of the FIM MotoGPTM World Championship, and sharing some of the key developments from the race engine programme, both models will be revealed at a special press event on Friday 23rd August at the GB MotoGP round at Silverstone, where full specifications, including the UK OTR* price, will be revealed. Both bikes will also be showcased in a spectacular parade lap over the race weekend, ridden by two former motorcycle world champions.

This new limited edition Daytona delivers the closest you can get to a genuine Moto2TM factory ride for the road.

With a limited run of only 765 being built of each model (Europe/Asia & US/Canada), we are anticipating strong demand for this truly unique motorcycle. It is likely some customers will be keen to put an early stake in the ground by placing a deposit. The process to be adopted for this is as follows:

Please find attached the press release here…..Daytona Moto2 765 Limited Edition - Press Release FINAL.docx

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Those numbers arent going to go very far.

3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    At a guess £15-17K If spec includes Ohlins/Brembo etc, which I expect on a bike like this.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Limited to 765 off, until they sell out, and then they'll produce some. More than likely as a std edition or somesuch.

Same as the new Rocket, if the ltd sells out, then a new edition will happen.

It's a clever marketing ploy, just expect Triumph to make as many bikes , as they can sell. Why would they not ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

So why the lies?
    I hazard, its dreamt up by the marketing department to look busy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    They should all sell quick ,just like the Ltd edition Rocket they are all gone and and lots of folk on a waiting list..must be plenty of money about:confused:

8. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
  9. Hoffnungslos

Hoffnungslos Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    £17k was the price mentioned at the dealership, too much for a bike this size tbh. I’m a little gutted as I have a Street RS and sick already of the naked bike wind blast so was holding out for this release.
    Looks like a preloved Daytona 675 for me, not spending £15k + on a small bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scrambled head

Scrambled head Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Sussex
    About time!!
    If my knees could take it and I was 10-15 years less old I would snap one up.
    Got to be the perfect track tool, the new gixer 750?

11. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    I'm thinking £16k.
    ZX6r is £10k, R6 is £11k so I think £11k for the standard Daytona 765 in order to compete. All TFC bikes have carried a £5k premium so that's what I think.
    I heard they sold out last Friday in 2 hours.

12. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    16K :scream: I would want a one off for that money, having said that some of the classics go for very silly money

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Member

Jul 27, 2019
    Worcester, UK
    £15,500 is the word from one dealer.

However, we have this ridiculous situation of people putting down money on bikes that can't be viewed, and have no specs or price available until the 'official' unveiling at Silverstone on Aug 25. To me, that's not the way to treat current and potential customers.:(

14. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    It’s obviously worked for Triumph though if they sold them all in 2 hours. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hoffnungslos

Hoffnungslos Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    2 hours?
    Took my local triumph over 10 days to sell their low allocation. I think we will see some cancellations