New Danger For Motorcyclists?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mark scarrott, Oct 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Guys

Had the most strangest and possibly very dangerous experience last night.

Drove up the driveway to the Belfry which is a hotel and spa where I am a member of the leisure centre on my street RX.

100 yards up the drive are a set of barriers with the sensors in the tarmac by them to open it.

I pulled up to the barrier, waited for it to rise then started to pull forward, at which point the barrier dropped just missing my head trapping the bike across the handle bars by the speedo.

Unable to move as the bike was trapped I saw 2 cars coming up to the other side of the barrier so I bipped my horn.

Can you believe both were women they both LAUGHED and drove off leaving me stranded.

I managed to lean the bike to the right ( bearing in mind the bike is still in gear as I could not see the clock to see if I found neutral) and with my right hand lifted the barrier which fortunately was plastic and snook under it.

This makes me think car drivers don't like motorcyclist even when they are in danger or I must have looked like I was doing a "you've been framed"?

Mark

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I had a close call the other day going to the ageas bowl Southampton. On Tracey, Early morning It Had been raining and the sun was out. Pulled into the road to the hotel car park sun was blinding bouncing off the wet road and right at the last minute saw there was a barrier across the road. Slammed on the anchors and gently slid into the barrier. I got laughed at too!!

3. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Glad you didn't drop the bike Mark,those clowns would have had a real piss taking moment I bet. A few years ago I came off my M.G.Nevada,on a small amount of grit,on a tight corner.Before I knew it I was face down head bouncing on the road,my visor took the impact but was scored to unusable,right hand indicator hanging off,fly screen broken.I was trying to lift the bike up with my back into it with difficulty and Three motors one after the other passed, slowed down, rubber-necked with grins from ear to ear,then sped on.....if I had a voodoo doll I'd........:mad:

4. DJ Burnage

DJ Burnage New Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Chesterfield
    No mate that's what I expect from a woman