Vintage Tiger New Coil Kit.

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Clarkey231, Feb 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    New coil kit fitted from Paul Messenger. Clears up space and bike starts and runs much better.

Clears all the old coils from off the spine of the frame. Didn’t bother taking a pic with them fitted as there’s not much to see!

8311DF94-4C2C-4D8D-8790-BEA552D26A12.jpeg

9F8C0EFF-1DF3-4BA0-85DB-AD1FD40A676B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. bunzelburner

bunzelburner New Member

Nov 13, 2022
    Wisconsin
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm planning on doing the coil upgrade on my 96 Tiger. There are a lot of discussions about doing the coil upgrade but this is the only one I can find of someone doing it on a Tiger. I'm just curious, what is the part number on the coils you got in Paul's kit?

I'm on a bit of a time crunch so I don't have the time to order one of Paul's kits from the UK. Planning on building the conversion kit myself.

Thanks in advance.

3. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Hi,

sorry I’ve only just seen this reply! Hope you got sorted.

4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I have had old T-3's since about 2002. It is my feeling that a lot of the problems that owners blame on carburetors, is really coil problems. I have two T-3's. BOTH have had chronic coil problems until I pitched the original coils over the fence and bought something else. Then they settle down and run decently. I think that is one of those places that Triumph went cheap. Just one old Triumph rider's experience. ...J.D.