Featured New Bonnie

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Woodtickgreg, Jan 7, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Well avon tires for the Bonnie are unobtanium here in the states. I guess it looks like bridgestone bt46 tires are going to be my choice. I just don't know enough about the new Michelin road classic tires they are putting on the bikes now to spend the money on them. It sounds like a few guys here like their bridgestones so I'll give them a try.

2. timboo

timboo Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Agree, what a fantastic colour scheme, I also really like the chrome mirrors.

3. Deadbroke55

Deadbroke55 New Member

Aug 5, 2021
    NY,Ny
    Before you change out the tires,why not ride them for awhile and make your own decision on replacing them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congrats, Greg! Enjoy that new Bonnie. The new tires and bags are just the beginning, BTW. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    I've thought about it, from what I've read the tires are the biggest complaint on the bike. So bad that even triumph quit using them. Mine is one of the last new bikes with them. But I may ride it as is until the tires I want become available. I'll be taking it easy anyway during the break in period. To me the tires are one of the most important things on a motorcycle. It's what keeps you stuck to the road and can also play a role in ride quality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Well I did get the rear rack today. FedEx delivered it, left in on the front porch in a snow storm. By the time I got home from work the box was totally soaked and falling apart. But the Givi rack is very nice, heavy tubing. Got it on amazon for $155. I have a givi top box that will fit on it nicely, just big enough to hold a helmet and give my girl something to lean against.
    20230125_185243.jpg

20230125_185156.jpg

20230125_185219.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Well since I don't have the bike home yet due to the weather here I just keep buying the things I want to make it my bike. Today I got the engine guards.
    These are upper engine guards, they will also give me a place to mount some auxiliary lights. All stainless steel, made by motone.
    20230130_170517.jpg
    One of the reasons I chose these was because of the gusseted mounting flanges, not just flat steel.
    20230130_170528.jpg
    This will give them a lot of strength.
    20230130_170538.jpg
    Another thing I liked about these was the way they connect together on the bottom, once everything is bolted on you will have to look for the seam.
    20230130_170551.jpg
    They are polished very nicely. Stainless steel so no rusting or pitting.
    20230130_170610.jpg
    I got them from A&J cycles here in the states. They shipped fast. They have a ton of stuff for Bonnie's, I'll be ordering from them again.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Nice, Greg! Hopefully you will only use them as lighting mounts and won't ever have to use them as actual engine guards. ;):) Hopefully the weather will improve before your bank account is empty. :eek: Until then, have fun stimulating the economy!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Cape Cod Carl

Cape Cod Carl Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Plymouth Ma
    Congratulations on the Triumph ! I ran the stock tires out and put on Spirit ST tires and thought they were great . Looking for a new set and just ran into that nothing available problem. Enjoy !

• Like Like x 3