New Bike Supply

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by John Clifton, Oct 28, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Clifton

John Clifton Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Aldershot
    I recently visited my local dealer with a view to buying a brand new 850 Sport. They said I can pay a £500 deposit to get one... next May at the earliest! Is this typical of new Triumphs (I have a Royal Enfield currently)? I can get a used 900GT (which I'd probably prefer over the 850 Sport) but imagine supply of all new bikes will be similar. I am guessing that the dealers simply have to purchase from Triumph up front what they think they can sell so they don't necessarily have every new model in stock. Still, a 7-month lead time seems excessive to me. any thoughts (or inside knowledge) anyone?

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Not a bike I know but....
    I recently enquired about a new car at my local Kia dealer.
    Never mind a delivery date, they can't actually order new cars at all currently!
    And second hand prices are correspondingly at nearly new prices....:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Clifton

John Clifton Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Aldershot
    Yep - maybe it's a wider problem than just Triumph motorcycles. Perhaps I'd better get that used 900GT before it goes! Just got to persuade the Mrs... I do have an acquaintance who works for Triumph and I've asked for his take on this. I'll post here with anything interesting he has to say.

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    It's a supply problem with new silicone chips which seem to be in most things electrical/mechanical these days. I was advised of an impending shortfall on new bike deliveries back in January when I ordered a new replacement Street Scrambler. The dealer had submitted a required quota to the Triumph factory but couldn't be given delivery dates. I think JLR, like many oher car manufacturers, are in the same boat.

• Like Like x 1