Featured New Bike, Don't Laugh!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by H.O., Oct 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I do believe the y2k was based on this exact bike:joy:

2. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    #22 H.O., Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Yes mate, I had a 600 Fazer on loan from Chesterfield Motorcycles when they had my 750 GSXF in for service, very impressed, seemed a bit buzzy though, but would consider in the future.
    If I had to go Japanese I think I would seriously look at Honda, I've had more of them than any other make, not had Kawa, Suzi's Ive had have suffered from early onset of corrosion, and apart from the loaned Yam I've not owned one(yet).
    I'll see whats being offered nearer the time I think.
    I could probably be built up enough by then to have another Bonnie, but having had 2 I'm not impressed by the build quality so we will see.
    Terry

• Like Like x 2
  3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Some thing to aim for, this fits the bill!
    2017-honda-cb1100ex-4_800x0w.jpg

2017-honda-cb1100ex-5_800x0w.jpg
    Stainless wheels and spokes, and excellent build quality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    On a serious note H.O. a good friend of mine who rides all Ducati ( the mad expensive ones) - likes nothing more than riding a scoot step through. Once you are back to full fitness - imagine the fun of all the test rides. All the best....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    This little 110 is great fun to ride, more poke out of small engines due to technology, better drive chain, etc, not complaining (yet), just have to have ambitions!:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    The way the tank curves at the seat reminds me of the late 80's/90's 900.
    This new one weighs in at 240kgs!

7. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Good point - takes me back. I used to run a cb250n then a 400 / 4. Anyone else feel old? Not to mention my fs1e :worried:

8. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Here's the new one, due in about a week and a half.
    2017-honda-pcx150-6_1600x0w.jpg
    The Vision is ideal for town/city work, and so economical, but just needed that bit of extra umph to take me further afield, so PCX it is then.
    The Vision will go p/x, unless any one is interested then they can get a bargain,would let it go for less than showroom price with the remaining warranty & breakdown cover, must go soon as it will go back in the van after delivery of mine!
    Terry

• Like Like x 2
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I will soon have a spare trailer that would go great with that :)
    Then you can do the weekly shopping with it :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Haha, top box will do just fine!:grinning::cool:.
    You'd be amazed at what you can load up on the Vision, expecting better on the PCX!:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    #31 H.O., Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Here's my new steed!
    It arrived Thursday afternoon, ACF-50'ed before riding, went upto Gaurock yesterday, its now got 115 miles on it, really so much more usable than the other one, I'm now looking forward to summer! :heart_eyes:
    IMG_0293.JPG
    Michelin tyres work better than those Chinese ones on the Vision, more leg room, better balanced, lower c of g, digital dash with clock, hazard lights, LED lights, more storage, and accessory socket for the sat nav!
    Also a bigger tank so I can go longer distances, it was averaging 143 mpg yesterday, that will go down slightly when its run in but I expect 130's.
    I hope to have run it in by mid week, 600 miles week after next for oil change then I look forward to using it!:cool:
    See you at Green Welly soon?
    Terry:)

• Like Like x 3
  12. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Nobody's laughing my brother! I was in the same place as you back in 2015. It has taken me about 3 years of constant work, but I am almost back to my old self now! keep it up and you will make progress. I went from being totally immobile, then progressed to a wheelchair, walker,cane and now am back on two wheels. Again, good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Book says 1.76 gal., 8lt, they recon to have a range of 230(is) miles IIR.

• Like Like x 1
  14. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    This is a bit baffling......................
    Photo0237.jpg
    No engine number!!
    The Vision had it etched onto this position, this is just blank!:eek:
    Notified Hunts by email, will be looking into it on Monday, I thought they needed it to go on the V5 any way, email is proof I've reported it.
    Wouldn't have thought it was a stick on tag thats not been put on or fell off, but no sign of sticky left behind.

15. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Found it, not in the place you would expect though, right forward under a panel on left crank case!
    Also VIN plate found.
    DVLA are quick these days, bike registered Thursday, old bike road tax canceled on line Friday, both V5 and refund arrived Monday!

• Like Like x 1