New Avon Cobra's For The Lt

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Wessa, Apr 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just ordered a pair of Avon Cobra white wall tyres for the T'bird LT from moto-tyres. £89 for the front and £132 for the rear, that is cheaper than I paid for the last pair in 2017. Bargain

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Sounds like a good deal :) I assume that's for the original Cobras not the Cobra Chromes that's replaced them?

I was contemplating buying a set of the old ones ready for when I need to replace them, on the assumption that the new ones are bound to be more expensive, and that sellers may be discounting the old stock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep they are the originals. The chromes where more expensive. The front tyre was delivered today, and I only ordered them yesterday. For some reason Moto-Tyres split the order and the rear tyre has yet to arrive. I rang them and they said that it has yet to leave the warehouse. I asked if it was in stock and they said yes. I hope this is the case and I'm not left with an odd front tyre.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wessa
    Won't take you long to get tired of those. As soon as they start to get dirty or blister or turn yellowish. Sorry but I do think they are a waste of money. But you like them so enough said.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hey Joe with a little cleaning they come up a treat. Mine have not discoloured at all whilst they have been on the bike. Here is a picture taken last year....
    20181228_115416997_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wessa
    Sure enough they do go well with the guards. Maybe I am just jealous. And cracking Bike right colours.
    Regards
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Quick update. Got an email late yesterday confirming the rear tyre has been dispatched, worry over. Just need to get the bike booked in to get them changed.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 4